Paseo South Gulch (Phases 2 & 3: 30 & 16 stories w/ 390 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail; Phases 4 & 5: Another 30 story tower w/ 396 units, a 22 story office tower, 1,500 capacity internal garage)

markhollin

1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

Yep, this is the last big land deal I knew was coming. That does not mean there will not be other big land deals before the end of the year. Many companies try to get this done before the end of the year for tax purposes and also the Fed has indicated 3 interest rate increases next year. That means a lot of these companies are going to try and get loans locked in early before rates start to increase.

I think the rate increases play less of a role than the tax deadline. Most of these loans will be Libor +, different than the fixed rate stuff you or I would get for a typical mortgage. 

49 minutes ago, samsonh said:

I think the rate increases play less of a role than the tax deadline. Most of these loans will be Libor +, different than the fixed rate stuff you or I would get for a typical mortgage. 

There is a possibility of capital gains tax increases in 2022 so many sellers are trying to close on their deals before 12/31.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

They have already done core drilling at the 8th & Division site but from what I have heard it will be a couple of years before any thing happens there.

It looks like the 16 story is starting now.  Any idea when the 23 story will start?

55 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Which one is the 23 story? Everything runs together these days, unless you are talking about Shades which is 24 stories. Then I don't know yet.

The Society Nasville and the Dual Hilton are going to start in 2022 I think and probably 1st quarter based on what I am seeing in the permits.

Not sure now about the 909 Division now that the property has sold, but my gut is telling me the same design.

I don't think we will see the construction start on 825 6th South until sometime in 2023 as Mill Creek will want to get Modera McGavock out of the ground before starting another one. Remember they have Modera Gulch Under construction (378 units) along with Phase 1 of M Germantown with phase 2 getting ready to start (800 units total). Modera McGavock (400 units) and then, 825 6th Ave (715 units) which brings the total number of units to 2293 units in four projects!

I should have read the title of this thread.  I meant the 20 story on this site.  But thanks for the timeline!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...