Paseo South Gulch (Phases 2 & 3: 30 & 16 stories w/ 390 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail; Phases 4 & 5: Another 30 story tower w/ 396 units, a 22 story office tower, 1,500 capacity internal garage)

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...

• markhollin changed the title to Paseo South Gulch (Voorhees Towers, 30 & 16 stories w/ 400 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail) + rehab of old industrial buildings into office/retail w/ 84,000 sq. ft., 2.6 acres, 700 8th Ave. South
2 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Somera Road also owns the lots fronting Division Street. With the increase in density of Tower 2, that leads me to believe that they are planning to build something big fronting Division. 

Yes, I'm very anxious to see what they're planning there.  I'm guessing it'll be another year or two before we hear much on that.

14 minutes ago, natethegreat said:

If the city doesn’t approve this but approves Gooch, just a stone’s throw away, we riot 

If my understanding of the situation is correct, Haven was built to the letter of the law for "by rights" zoning, so there was never anything for the city to approve/reject.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

• markhollin changed the title to Paseo South Gulch (Voorhees Towers, 30 & 16 stories w/ 390 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail) + rehab of old industrial buildings into office/retail w/ 84,000 sq. ft., 2.6 acres, 700 8th Ave. South
16 minutes ago, Licec said:

This design is just blah! And it's a box to boot. Just run of the mill design that you see everywhere else. Nashville really needs stunning architecture.

image.png.00531f21fc6548749a5102f6f4e9c856.png

We're really just using "box" to describe literally any building design at this point, aren't we? Also, just to reiterate a point that should be remembered- the overwhelming majority of buildings in all cities are boxes.

• Like 2