Paseo South Gulch (Phases 2 & 3: 30 & 16 stories w/ 390 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail; Phases 4 & 5: Another 30 story tower w/ 396 units, a 22 story office tower, 1,500 capacity internal garage)

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Thanks!  The site says that all three of the tallest buildings will be "arriving in 2025", after the Prima (Paseo 1) is completed in 2024.  That means all three will be starting up by this time next year. And it's going to be a bit shameful for the Roundabout Plaza tower developers if Paseo's office building is finished before theirs.  This one was announced just a few weeks ago. 

Yeah, Paseo is making super fast progress. Excited to see this one develop and make an impact on what was once a super low rising area.

I was wondering today about all of the proposed/planned/approved towers surrounding the roundabout. Doesn't it have to be the sewer upgrade delays? Since none of them have broken ground yet (Circle South Tower, Ritz Carlton, Giarratana's Tower, etc), and they are all in the adjacent area. 

If it is sewer delays, I would not be surprised if by when the sewer upgrades are done, that some of the towers get cancelled or delayed, just due to economy/timing and money.

Not a good thing in general.

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Yeah, Paseo is making super fast progress. Excited to see this one develop and make an impact on what was once a super low rising area.

I was wondering today about all of the proposed/planned/approved towers surrounding the roundabout. Doesn't it have to be the sewer upgrade delays? Since none of them have broken ground yet (Circle South Tower, Ritz Carlton, Giarratana's Tower, etc), and they are all in the adjacent area. 

If it is sewer delays, I would not be surprised if by when the sewer upgrades are done, that some of the towers get cancelled or delayed, just due to economy/timing and money.

Not a good thing in general.

I'm sure that will be the case with more than a few of the proposed towers downtown and other proposals. I am old enough to remember the recession of the late 1970s/early 80s.  I have been seeing some really troubling signs with the economy lately, and I hope hope hope they're nothing more than glitches.  I subscribe to a couple of newsletters, and for the first time in 30 years, both are advising their subscribers to "batten down" for a really rough period ahead. One of them has even said it will last more than two years. Ugh!!!! 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, downtownresident said:

Of all the roundabout towers I’m most concerned about Circle South. They haven’t even started the process of obtaining their foundation / building permits. 

Agreed. I think this one may be in jeopardy the most over there, if I had to guess. The sewer upgrade delay could cause it to be shelved--we will see.

I think residential/hotel is a much safer bet.

Also, as another poster said, The Ritz Carlton should still definitely move forward. I just think they are riding out the upgrades--they can weather the wait, easily. I also think the Giarratana Tower gets built there. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UrbanWes03 said:

Considering CS is actually the shortest of the 3, it could be a good thing if something else comes along, but I do love the way it looks like it’s leaning so that design element would definitely be missed :/

Agreed 100%.  If someone is reading through the CS string, they'll see how often I inquired and commented on this one.  That design was so unique and would be such an add to our lineup.  Big loss if it goes away.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...