Paseo South Gulch (Phases 2 & 3: 30 & 16 stories w/ 390 residential units, 183 room hotel, 18,000 sq. ft. office, 14,000 sq. ft. retail; Phases 4 & 5: Another 30 story tower w/ 396 units, a 22 story office tower, 1,500 capacity internal garage)

markhollin

Maybe this is a controversial opinion but I think it’s better for most buildings in the pie town area to be mid-rise as it gives a better view of the Nashville core from the I-65 interchange. I’m hoping that a tall building like paramount or something else will eventually be built in either the Downtown core, SoBro or Amazon Yards Area as it would complement the skyline really well.

I am not disputing that mid-rise works well in that area, but I disagree with the idea that it would be limited so that a view is maintained from the interstate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

On 1/30/2021 at 8:49 AM, e-dub said:

These buildings will have the best neighbors Nashville has to offer: Arnold's.

And a homeless shelter less than a block away. With all the development happening along that stretch of 8th Avenue, I wonder how receptive the neighbors will be to the homeless population that congregates along the sidewalks there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Additional floor because it’s already getting demand inquiries.

I would imagine this isn't a recent change, but rather a recently released change. Adding a story on top of this building takes a fair amount of structural reinforcing, so it was probably in there from the beginning and really wasn't highlighted. There was actually an image shared on the first page of this thread from December of 2019 that showed an additional story (no idea where it came from though)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I would imagine this isn't a recent change, but rather a recently released change. Adding a story on top of this building takes a fair amount of structural reinforcing, so it was probably in there from the beginning and really wasn't highlighted. There was actually an image shared on the first page of this thread from December of 2019 that showed an additional story (no idea where it came from though)

Correct, this is not new, but the design is new. It looks as if there is more space, around 10 to 11 thousand square feet with the addition. The first rendering was sort of a 3/4 roof addition I think.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Don’t even think it!

My favorite meat and three.  But you gotta know someone is going to offer him a TON of money one day.  Wonder what he’ll do.  There’s such a large swath of land viable to development south of the tracks that you know there’s going to be pressure, even to someone like Arnold’s.

• Like 1