150 North Orange Avenue Renovation (AECOM Building) [Proposed]

dcluley98

Renovation of the existing property includes 77,000 SF of office/coworking space and 12,000 SF of ground-floor retail, 3,700 of which is slated for restaurant fronting the corner of Orange Ave and Jefferson with outdoor seating area. Updated facade will feature modernized design and lighting including Corten Steel focal point for main entrance and signage on the corner. The project is being developed by Third & Urban with local assist from Foundry and architect for the new construction/reno is Smith Dalia Architects. Demo will begin September 2019 with reno expected to begin November 2019.

https://images1.loopnet.com/d2/LrbH6VTjNvZorEt_f3UCyC_pH2sUOsovz-pPNBreGdc/document.pdf

20190730_cam02_street_FINAL_sm.jpg

20190730_cam01_corner_FINAL_sm.jpg

20190730_cam03_interior_sm.jpg

• Like 2

The inside is nice.  I was in it when it was Gladding Jackson.  AECOM took much of the space over and I've heard its nice inside.   Far cry from the JCPenney days.

Sidenote:  Is Seacoast just marching itself up the road until it ends up in the old BOA building or something?

Edited by codypet

6 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

wow. the redo of it back in 2007ish wasn't worth a darn...didn't last at all.

Seemed dated from the minute it was finished -- while these new facade updates are needed, they don't seem to address the underlying issue that the building looks like a dressed up warehouse.  It's very one dimensional in that regard.

And by removing some of the (albeit tacky) ornamental elements of the botched renovation years ago, it seems they are heading for an even more industrial look.

I would have gone in the direction of the BOA building on Park Ave in Winter Park and brought in more traditional elements.

Yes, they are very much going for the Industrial/Loft look. Especially with the Corten Steel. Looks like it should go in The Yard.  It is an aesthetic that Third & Urban do regularly with their properties. I like it a whole lot better than the previous treatment, however. 

Edited by dcluley98

8 hours ago, codypet said:

:  Is Seacoast just marching itself up the road until it ends up in the old BOA building or something?

They bought First Green Bank which resulted in then moving across the street.

Loved GJs space with the bike racks in the window.  AECOM still has them but they moved them.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, smonteserin said:

This was a few evenings ago. The lighting around the entrance portico looks good. 

That looks really nice. I had assumed those were mini-walkout balconies and they were going to get railing. I just looked at the mock up and realized that is not the case. I think this will look nice when done.

3 hours ago, AmIReal said:

That looks really nice. I had assumed those were mini-walkout balconies and they were going to get railing. I just looked at the mock up and realized that is not the case. I think this will look nice when done.

The building does look remarkably close to the rendering the redesign provided. Shocking. 

• Like 1