The Railyard at Lambert's Point (Under Construction)

vdogg

• 2 weeks later...

• 1 month later...

A building between W 24th Street and W 25th Street down past building 4 has been renovated.  I don't know if that's part of this project or not.  Seems like a coincidence that a building in this part of town so close to this project would not also be part of it, but that's probably the case.  

I think I answered my own question.  https://www.nfkcolony.com/

Edited by Sky06

2 hours ago, Sky06 said:

A building between W 24th Street and W 25th Street down past building 4 has been renovated.  I don't know if that's part of this project or not.  Seems like a coincidence that a building in this part of town so close to this project would not also be part of it, but that's probably the case.  

I think I answered my own question.  https://www.nfkcolony.com/

So make it easy for me lol. What’s the answer?

2 hours ago, BeagleAccountant said:

It’s a shame it’s kind of hidden from the road. They did a great job with the renovation. My wife said it looks like something you’d see in Los Angeles.

I’d love to see more of this, esp. in the Railroad District. LA is one of my favorite cities so getting that vibe and culture here would be amazing. 

9 hours ago, BFG said:

I’d love to see more of this, esp. in the Railroad District. LA is one of my favorite cities so getting that vibe and culture here would be amazing. 

Absolutely. As an LA native, I’m biased. But the high end architecture of LA and California has a sleek look and welcoming vibe. So it’s always welcome to see in this city we’ve come to love.

The new coffee shop across from OConnors, Coalescence, has that vibe as well.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, BeagleAccountant said:

Absolutely. As an LA native, I’m biased. But the high end architecture of LA and California has a sleek look and welcoming vibe. So it’s always welcome to see in this city we’ve come to love.

The new coffee shop across from OConnors, Coalescence, has that vibe as well.

I suppose that good, timeless architecture is somewhat subjective.  

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, BFG said:

Some businesses and taco bar Sanctuary have already moved in, and the grocery store announcement is expected later this year. Apparently the bowling alley pulled out during the pandemic.

https://www.pilotonline.com/business/vp-bz-lamberts-point-1104-20211103-ts3vbk4cjjbtldb5s5yropqzzq-story.html

Technically, those businesses moved into a separate development. The Railyard development is adjacent to The Colony (IPconfigure's HQ).

Edited by BeagleAccountant
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

On the Agenda for the March 7th ARB meeting is a new construction approval for building site 1 of this project, as well as some signage review. In addition, including in the submitted documents is this lot layout that shows a drive thru Starbucks in building 1 and a Lidl in building 9 (page 101). Both are kind of boring projects on their own but they combine to be good anchors to pull in more leases for the remaining buildings. I also thought this project might die so I was happy to be wrong.

http://norfolkcityva.iqm2.com/citizens/FileOpen.aspx?Type=1&ID=1914&Inline=True

railyard.png

Edited by BeagleAccountant
  • Like 3

I really like that area and agree this is very exciting and will be a huge improvement and increase the connectivity really between different parts of the city and hopefully will turn into a cool place for ODU students and people in the nearby neighborhoods. If only we could exchange LIDL for a Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. 

4 minutes ago, varider said:

I really like that area and agree this is very exciting and will be a huge improvement and increase the connectivity really between different parts of the city and hopefully will turn into a cool place for ODU students and people in the nearby neighborhoods. If only we could exchange LIDL for a Whole Foods or Trader Joe’s. 

There's a fresh market within throwing distance of this property, and I think a LIDL would do better in that area, especially with ODU students. Would love to get a Trader Joes at some point but I think LIDL is a good move there.

• Like 2

why are we really surprised by this? We always believe that something amazing is actually going to happen but we always get the results we always dread.....This region is always full of disappointment...Ive always been 757 proud but Im at the point that it is hopeless. We always think we will see new leadership that will change this but its always the same out come 

• Like 1