BankTown Banking & Finance News

KJHburg

• 1 month later...

follow up that above from the article" 

""Wells Fargo has officially spun off its asset management business. The new firm, Allspring Global Investments, started operating as an independent firm on Monday,Allspring said in a news release. The company said it will be headquartered in Charlotte. Wells Fargo announced last February that it would sell the business, part of CEO Charlie Scharf’s plan to slim down the sprawling bank. Private equity firms GTCR and Reverence Capital Partners bought the business for $2.1 billion.  The newly independent Allspring manages more than $587 billion in assets and has more than 1,400 employees, according to the company’s news release. It also has more than 18 offices around the globe.""

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/banking/article255458516.html#storylink=cpy

• Like 3

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

follow up that above from the article" 

""Wells Fargo has officially spun off its asset management business. The new firm, Allspring Global Investments, started operating as an independent firm on Monday,Allspring said in a news release. The company said it will be headquartered in Charlotte. Wells Fargo announced last February that it would sell the business, part of CEO Charlie Scharf’s plan to slim down the sprawling bank. Private equity firms GTCR and Reverence Capital Partners bought the business for $2.1 billion.  The newly independent Allspring manages more than $587 billion in assets and has more than 1,400 employees, according to the company’s news release. It also has more than 18 offices around the globe.""

Read more at: https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/business/banking/article255458516.html#storylink=cpy

Will this business be headquartered in Uptown?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, atlrvr said:

Interesting that they chose Charlotte.  I didn't think the Charlotte office was that large compared to their other offices.  The CEO used to be CEO of Legg Mason in Baltimore, so no obvious connection.

This is a really nice win for Charlotte.  Given it's Private Equity back, I suspect within the next 3 years, they will either acquire/merge with another Asset Manager or sell to one.  Their scale is a little no-mans land.

Edit: I got the Wells Fargo lines of business confused 

Edited by AirNostrumMAD

19 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I can’t open this.  Hopefully, it’s good news.

BE1E15B0-CDDC-452D-A7EC-39E5079DF484.jpeg

Some top-level shuffle.  Creating a new President role to take some of duties off the CEO/Chairman, who’s been performing multiple roles.  Creating a new Head of International position.  They’ve got people named for the roles.  Focusing on organic growth, but not ruling out any M&A.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

the Citibank office building is being offered fully furnished for lease.  Where did they go?  This was a mortgage operation at one time but changed.  Now Lincoln Harris is offering it for lease fully furnished and all.  Mmm makes me thinks are they offering this as they entice them to a new office?  Better view it before LH takes it off.

605 Munn Road - Lincoln Harris

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, KJHburg said:

the Citibank office building is being offered fully furnished for lease.  Where did they go?  This was a mortgage operation at one time but changed.  Now Lincoln Harris is offering it for lease fully furnished and all.  Mmm makes me thinks are they offering this as they entice them to a new office?  Better view it before LH takes it off.

605 Munn Road - Lincoln Harris

Those cubicles are bigger than the ones I used to work in LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Office parks like the one this former Citi office in are depressing. ‘Middle of nowhere’ feel around the area and then when get inside complete mindless and soulless existence.

Novant has a similar corporate office right behind this building. At least they did in 2016 when I interviewed with them their. Good luck getting the best folks to work in these old style ‘office space’ set ups.

They probably can’t give away this space. Maybe they can retrofit into distribution and warehouse spaces as these sit idle long and longer.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Chase Bank is hiring some interesting non branch employees in Charlotte  including Global Security officer at one of Chase's critical facilities here? 

""Global Security (GS) protects the firm's employees and assets around the world. These responsibilities includes the development of both security and safety policies as well as procedures.""

Wholesale Payments, Senior Product Solutions Delivery Manager- VP  looking for one of these in Charlotte too. 

Search Jobs - Chase- Candidate Experience page Careers (oraclecloud.com)

I don't know much about banking jobs but these seem unusual to me for but some of y'all know better than I do.  

what are these other people some of you are saying are looking around Charlotte like to relocate?   Actually building a hub here makes a lot more sense than in the other markets they operate in southeast like Florida or Georgia.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...