1111 Church/Gibson Residences, 21 stories, 380 units, 30,700 sq. ft. retail/478 capacity garage, $200 million

markhollin

13 minutes ago, CandyAisles said:

I read "large scale mixed use" and not a second hotel.

Agree, as we do not have the specifics for the project. Mixed use can be any number of things and With the location and the fact they are already doing a hotel, I might reason this will be residential and retail/entertainment in nature.

This is just a guess on my part. Office would seem to be a bit far fetched because there is so much being developed there already, but they could do creative space or something similar. 

• Like 3

I'd expect Somera and Flank both would love to create another entertainment node there. Already have a start with the new Pins and Chauhan et.al. restaurants. I haven't been there in years, but I'm sure the apartments next door have already added a lot of life to that corner of downtown. Lots of money being poured into that two-block area. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I'd expect Somera and Flank both would love to create another entertainment node there. Already have a start with the new Pins and Chauhan et.al. restaurants. I haven't been there in years, but I'm sure the apartments next door have already added a lot of life to that corner of downtown. Lots of money being poured into that two-block area. 

The apartments have some ground level retail along 12th Ave. The section between the gulch and Capitol View might just be the most convenient place to live downtown when all is said and done.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I always liked this funky building. Wish it was going to be saved and incorporated into all the new developments. 

Same here.  I feel like it is unique, somewhat gritty buildings like this that help to give The Gulch it's unique appeal, but slowly but surely it seems those buildings are being demolished and replaced with blue glass boxes.  

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Same here.  I feel like it is unique, somewhat gritty buildings like this that help to give The Gulch it's unique appeal, but slowly but surely it seems those buildings are being demolished and replaced with blue glass boxes.  

Wish I could like this 100 times. I like the new glass buildings, but the gulch isn’t the gulch with all glass boxes. The variety is key.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

I was totally wrong about the location of this one... as I thought it was on the half block immediately to the east of 12th and Porter, the next block south of this block in the photo. Now this site makes more sense, as it's considerably larger.  

That blue fence around the site is the construction fencing? 

On 3/27/2020 at 8:44 AM, MLBrumby said:

I was totally wrong about the location of this one... as I thought it was on the half block immediately to the east of 12th and Porter, the next block south of this block in the photo. Now this site makes more sense, as it's considerably larger.  

That blue fence around the site is the construction fencing? 

That fencing is for the lay-down yard for the Asurion project east of 11th Ave.   We'll have to wait and see if we hear anything about this project in the coming days.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...