1111 Church/Gibson Residences, 21 stories, 380 units, 30,700 sq. ft. retail/478 capacity garage, $200 million

markhollin

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Just FYI guys, from what Taylor and myself are seeing there are a LOT of things brewing. Look for the Taylor report at the Forum meet, not to mention a few things I may be able to share.

Right now it sort of feels like lava flowing under the surface of a volcano getting ready to erupt.

May not have much to report if planning doesn’t enter anything in <_<

On 8/6/2021 at 10:04 AM, smeagolsfree said:

Just FYI guys, from what Taylor and myself are seeing there are a LOT of things brewing. Look for the Taylor report at the Forum meet, not to mention a few things I may be able to share.

Right now it sort of feels like lava flowing under the surface of a volcano getting ready to erupt.

Champions League Yes GIF by UEFA

Hopefully, some of my predictions posted on your new predictions thread will be in that lava!!!

Edited by nashville born
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2021 at 7:21 PM, downtownresident said:

Getting some pretty good depth. From today: 

31C3DE6B-B6A9-4CD3-AB05-04C1E76131CA.thumb.jpeg.793f1224c538a5ab91b32bc47251e3dd.jpeg

The city is doing a huge disservice to this neighborhood by not fixing the misalignment of 12th Ave N where it intersects with Grundy, seen here in this picture. I lived in the Gossett until the end of 2019, and this intersection was always an absolute mess since cars trying to continue on 12th Ave N had to effectively turn twice since the road isn't aligned. And this was before all these new developments in this neighborhood started. I can only imagine how bad it will be once the traffic kicks in from Gibson Residences, Asurion, and EDITION hotel. The opportunity to straighten this road would have been on this land being developed as the Gibson Residences. Now that it isn't possible any more, the only way to do it would be to knock down the Chauhan/Mockingbird/Tansuo building, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

• Like 3

Just now, rjgo said:

The city is doing a huge disservice to this neighborhood by not fixing the misalignment of 12th Ave N where it intersects with Grundy, seen here in this picture. I lived in the Gossett until the end of 2019, and this intersection was always an absolute mess since cars trying to continue on 12th Ave N had to effectively turn twice since the road isn't aligned. And this was before all these new developments in this neighborhood started. I can only imagine how bad it will be once the traffic kicks in from Gibson Residences, Asurion, and EDITION hotel. The opportunity to straighten this road would have been on this land being developed as the Gibson Residences. Now that it isn't possible any more, the only way to do it would be to knock down the Chauhan/Mockingbird/Tansuo building, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

They’re going to have to put a light at that intersection to control it better. Like you said, it’s an absolute mess now. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjgo said:

If designed to current standards the realigned 12th Avenue would take up a good chunk of the Gibson Residences lot. The orientations of the north and south approach would actually make it easier to realign in the southeast quadrant (the Chauhan/Mockingbird/Tansuo building). Not saying it should be demolished for a realignment, but it would take up less space there.

4 hours ago, rjgo said:

I agree entirely. This was actually pointed out by the city via the Mid-Gulch Community Plan Update back in July (see quote below). While extremely unfortunate, we can only continue to move forwards. Like @PruneTracymentioned due to overall parcel sizing and opportunity, it makes more sense  to utilize the southwest corner of the disjointed intersection.

On 7/9/2021 at 5:45 PM, Bos2Nash said:
On 7/8/2021 at 6:01 PM, downtownresident said:

- Section 4.2  The northbound and southbound approaches of 12th Avenue North at Grundy Street are currently offset by approximately 65 feet. Aligning this intersection would lead to improvements in traffic flow. Future developments proposed adjacent to the north side of this intersection should dedicate the Right‐ofWay necessary for this alignment to happen. (a little late on that one, Metro Planning Department)

:tw_joy::tw_rage::tw_bawling: Annnnd there is the planning that this board loves to see. What an absolute FAIL on planning's part here hahaha. Now we are at a point where when the buildings at the southeast corner of Grundy and 12th are redeveloped there will have to be a bit of roadway alignment (similar to Green Hill CVS). Grundy should maintain its current alignment, but 12th Ave should jog starting at Porter over to align correctly. This would create a new intersection at 12th and Porter and should provide a natural vehicle in/out point for any development on the red hatched area. The green hatched area would most likely be granted to the redevelopment of Music City Pizza building (the warehouse just north should remain) or possibly the developer of the red hatch purchases the building for demolition and creation of a central green space for a height increase. This would create a nice pocket park right in the middle of a bustling district.

2022979235_Grundy@12th.JPG.60d97003ae30f958a87a4ebf4e73e0b9.JPG

• Like 2