1111 Church/Gibson Residences, 21 stories, 380 units, 30,700 sq. ft. retail/478 capacity garage, $200 million

markhollin

I hadn't noticed the stairs from Church down to the lower level and am excited for another vertical connection, but I am confused as to why it is on the alley side (between the site and Pinz Mechanical) and not on the 12th Ave side where the major retail will be....

Edited by Bos2Nash
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

I hadn't noticed the stairs from Church down to the lower level and am excited for another vertical connection, but I am confused as to why it is on the alley side (between the site and Pinz Mechanical) and not on the 12th Ave side where the major retail will be....

Good point. I agree b/c the retail on 12th will be visible from Church with no apparent way to get down there. Also Asurion has steps from Church to 11th just a half block from where those would go. 

Edited by MLBrumby

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

They’re keeping the elevated structure above 12th so they may not have enough room for stairs along that edge. I believe they will have entrances to the retail space from the alleyway, so I’d imagine they will enhance the pedestrian experience along the alleyway and make it pleasant to walk along. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, henburg said:

Digging back through the news, it looks like I actually got it mixed up with the Broadway viaduct-

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2021/02/18/tdot-broadway-bridge-replacement.html

My bad.

Thanks for the heart attack.

The Puttshack is gonna do well in this area. Top Golf meets putt putt.

• Like 3

Another option for folks which is nice but I just don’t want to exert myself when I drink adult beverages. Conversation, food, music and no cover charge. I’m beyond concert going age... at least the kind of ear blasting shows I used to enjoy. So that leaves pretty much restaurants... maybe bars for me. I’m a frustrated ‘ad man’ as I’m always fascinated by the demographic targeted by a place of business. 

5 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

There's something about the word Puttshack that is off-putting to me. 

Let me help you figure out what that off-putting something is:  Puttshack, rhyms with _ _ _ _ _ _ _.   

Still not getting it?  If you buy a drink/meal and a game for you and your trendy friends (as seen in the video), the golf balls will be provided in a small drawstring tote bag called a "Puttsack".

• Haha 2