1111 Church/Gibson Residences, 21 stories, 380 units, 30,700 sq. ft. retail/478 capacity garage, $200 million

markhollin

14 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

According to what I was reading they are looking for 6 of a possible 7 floors of bonus height for the building to get the 21. The floor count does  not start until you get to Church, so the actual floor count will be higher than the 21. 

Yeah...from 12th Ave. South and Grundy Street perspectives it will be total of 25 stories according to the renderings.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, nashvylle said:

Is Flank also doing a boutique hotel in the area, or did they switch to this? I might be getting confused and won’t complain there are a lot of projects. 

This is separate from their Edition Hotel which will be one block to the SE from this site.

• Thanks 1

Looks like Flank is planning another little entertainment node there with this building, their hotel, 12th and P and Pins. Quickly becoming another pedestrian friendly area. 

Is the building that contained Pub of Love still there, or was it demolished for the Endeavor tower? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, henburg said:

It's kind of remniscient of a more modern Viridian.  I always liked the Gibson building and it's fun mural, but this is pretty solid infill.

I can see that, but I prefer what I know of the Viridian. It has some little low-key Art Deco nods in the design that I think are ever so nice. Here's to hoping this one comes out well!

Edited by e-dub
  • Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
43 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Downtown Code docs released. No new information as everything looks to be the same, 21 floors, 380 units, no new renderings of note.

The height from Church appears to be  246'.

http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2021DTC-001-001_plan.pdf

Love that they are keeping the little parking deck over 12th and turning it into a park, and connecting the alleyway to church street with stairs. 

They’ve also applied for the foundation permit, and to consolidate the lot so this is moving along. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Downtown Code docs released. No new information as everything looks to be the same, 21 floors, 380 units, no new renderings of note.

The height from Church appears to be  246'.

http://maps.nashville.gov/MPC/2021DTC-001-001_plan.pdf

If you measure from 12th, it is 284'. That's 21 floors of residential + 4 floors of parking (25 floors). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

But again you have to measure for the street address which is Church and that is where the floor count starts as well. You have to draw the line somewhere and Emporis and the council on tall buildings will consider this a 21 story building at what I think is 246'. Stop the knit picking. Everyone on the board is so desperate for a freaking new tallest and height that we will not get for the foreseeable future.

Some type of envy issue with phallic symbols that we try to get every last tenth of an inch.

• Thanks 2

• 1 month later...