Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

Here is an image of the sign I saw on Wealthy:

2137116392_ab24fa0609.jpg

Joe

apparently the developer who bought the building for too much money doesn't have enough money to start the demolition on the back and the renovations on the front, so another developer has bought it and is making at least a few strides, like the signs. more to come...

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone on UP mentioned the new building going in two lots down from The Meanwhile? It's going for LEED certified status and will house a new restaurant called The Electric Cheetah.

1015-with-letters.jpg

It showed up in one of these threads (maybe this one) a few months ago. If I recall correctly it met with general approval. I believe the indented doorway, and the gaps between it and the existing buildings (both physical and design-wise) were among the issues brought up.

It showed up in one of these threads (maybe this one) a few months ago. If I recall correctly it met with general approval. I believe the indented doorway, and the gaps between it and the existing buildings (both physical and design-wise) were among the issues brought up.

The thread is 1015 Wealthy.

• 4 weeks later...

I love this stretch of Wealthy St. between Eastern and College. I anticipate we're going to see additional positive and exciting developments ;) in the coming months, which will help make this little pocket of town a viable business district again.

Edited by PHTPL

• 2 weeks later...

Speaking of the old Baker Bookhouse. We signed a lease with a tenant for the front suites of 1019 Wealthy yesterday. They will take the entire front, and will be a serious pizza place. They are called the Brick Road Pizza Company, and will serve Chicago, New York, and California style pizza. The side with low ceilings will be the kitchen and take out, and the side with the high ceilings will be a sit down restaurant. They will also sell pizza by the slice. Hopefully they can open by May/June. This is great news for us, and for the street as a whole. It will really add a lot to this area.

Speaking of the old Baker Bookhouse. We signed a lease with a tenant for the front suites of 1019 Wealthy yesterday. They will take the entire front, and will be a serious pizza place. They are called the Brick Road Pizza Company, and will serve Chicago, New York, and California style pizza. The side with low ceilings will be the kitchen and take out, and the side with the high ceilings will be a sit down restaurant. They will also sell pizza by the slice. Hopefully they can open by May/June. This is great news for us, and for the street as a whole. It will really add a lot to this area.

Man...just when I get good at eating healthier and drinking less, you guys bring in The Meanwhile, a Pizza joint, and Wing Heaven gets a little closer. Thanks guys :lol:

Seriously though, great news!

Always up for trying new pizza! Good news for the nieghborhood too!

Is 1019 Wealthy the tan brick building next to the future Electric Cheetah?