Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

3 hours ago, GVSUChris said:

When you say not from the area...haha...

Does that imply chain-format "not from around here" or a store that exists on the lakeshore and wants to open another location "not from around here?" 

Personally I would love to see some cool high-end retail like Shinola pop-up in this area, and then I remember where we live. Glad to hear it is retail! 

It's not a done deal yet apparently so I don't think it should dissuade anyone also interested in this building. Terra Firma also got the land across the street in this deal and is looking for ideas...

On 11/29/2017 at 9:10 AM, EastownLeo said:

Im confused why it says "Lot for sale"?

If you go through all of the approval processes and get a proposed project approved, those "entitlements" can be passed along to the new buyer, sometimes fetching you a better price on the land. 

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Rayonier_Inc._REIT_(RYN)/Entitlement_Development_Real_Estate_Entails_Lengthy_Uncertain_Costly

4 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

If you go through all of the approval processes and get a proposed project approved, those "entitlements" can be passed along to the new buyer, sometimes fetching you a better price on the land. 

http://www.wikinvest.com/stock/Rayonier_Inc._REIT_(RYN)/Entitlement_Development_Real_Estate_Entails_Lengthy_Uncertain_Costly

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

We just had a guy do that on a lot a few doors down from our cottage up north. The lot was "unbuildable" (only because of an old ordinance that only allows waterfront lots to be built on if they are minimum 100' frontage). So he bought the lot cheap, got a variance to build, turned around and sold it for more than double.

1 hour ago, Pattmost20 said:

We just had a guy do that on a lot a few doors down from our cottage up north. The lot was "unbuildable" (only because of an old ordinance that only allows waterfront lots to be built on if they are minimum 100' frontage). So he bought the lot cheap, got a variance to build, turned around and sold it for more than double.

Exactly, but going through the approval process is not cheap. But I've heard of residential properties being rezoned to commercial (through a long multi year battle) and getting 4x the price per acre. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/17/2017 at 10:56 AM, GRDadof3 said:

Here's the layout of the Harmony expansion. Part of the lot will be turned into outdoor seating, and the little triangle area between the building will be 3 - 4 season room with operable garage doors. 

Harmony Brewing Aerial.JPG

34552587333_0b390b412a_o.jpg

Saw a bunch of equipment out working on this expansion today. 

40 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

Oh good old Jenison, deteriorating strip malls galore, but god forbid someone open a bar!

They're actually fixing up a lot of the strip malls in Jenison, and added new lighting and bike paths along Chicago Drive (I work a lot our there now). But yes it's pretty much still the same old Jenison.

Licari's is also opening a new location WAYYY out at 36th and Baldwin by Hudsonville Middle School. All those soccer moms and the Wine Down Wednesday happy hours, look out Hudsonville! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GRDadof3 said:

They're actually fixing up a lot of the strip malls in Jenison, and added new lighting and bike paths along Chicago Drive (I work a lot our there now). But yes it's pretty much still the same old Jenison.

Licari's is also opening a new location WAYYY out at 36th and Baldwin by Hudsonville Middle School. All those soccer moms and the Wine Down Wednesday happy hours, look out Hudsonville! :)

Just saying, when Hudsonville has a more progressive attitude towards alcohol...

I'm glad to hear work is being done in Jenison, could be a nice little shopping district if they modernize it a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
43 minutes ago, MJLO said:

I would have thought building would have needed exstensive renovations, but apparently no?

Quite a bit of work was already completed awhile ago. Aside from the shopfronts, the entire building envelope was stabilized, including a new roof and a full masonry restoration -- really well done, actually. I believe most of the interior was gutted, too.

1 hour ago, Fox Naturals said:

Hi Urban Planet! We are Fox Naturals, a natural skin + body care company located right here in Grand Rapids. This spring, we are excited to say we will be opening our first brick and mortar store at 619 Wealthy Se. We cannot wait to be able to serve the clients in our area. Check us out at www.fox-naturals.com , we'd love to hear from you!

Foxy-1640.jpg

Foxy-1645.jpg

Foxy-1657.jpg

Foxy-1666.jpg

Foxy-1691.jpg

Welcome Fox Naturals, are you taking the entire building? Normally we don't allow advertising here but we'll let it slide. :)