Wealthy Street Mega Thread

joshleo

22 hours ago, Sparty97 said:

Parking is not obvious.  For people that just Google the address and then try to find parking after they are there, it can be very confusing.  I've been there 3-4 times and never thought to park in Lot 7 or 8.  I've always circled the next few blocks (West and North) (& complained to everyone in my truck) until I found something on the street.  

The Dash lot 7 always has plenty of spots available and it's only $2. 

Sparty on! Go Green!

9 hours ago, thebeerqueer said:

The Dash lot 7 always has plenty of spots available and it's only $2. 

Sparty on! Go Green!

Where is DASH lot 7?  Pretend like I'm a person who does not have a built-in GPS and needs directions like "turn left at the brown brick building"...  ;) 

12 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

Where is DASH lot 7?  Pretend like I'm a person who does not have a built-in GPS and needs directions like "turn left at the brown brick building"...  ;) 

At Jolly Pumpkin head south for one block on Summer Ave, turn left on to Douglas Ave and the lot is on your right side. Clear as mud?

1 hour ago, EastownLeo said:

Except the Chicago people with have some issues with the pizza.

There is so much damn pizza here in Chicago, it kind of ridiculous.   I will say I do like deep dish, but could survive without it.  I can say my least favorite is UNO.    A bigger concern than deep dish is making sure my native Chicagoan kids don't pick up the accent.   Saaaasage on that pizza? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, demhem said:

Chicago style pizza is a type of casserole. 

No one native to Chicago eats deep dish pizza.

Only tourist eat that.

We (from chicago) eat thin crust cut in squares, with real italian sausage.

https://steemit.com/food/@rulesforrebels/the-biggest-myth-about-chicago-pizza-or-true-chicago-pizza-is-tavern-cut-thin-crust-not-deep-dish

• Like 3

3 hours ago, mpchicago said:

There is so much damn pizza here in Chicago, it kind of ridiculous.   I will say I do like deep dish, but could survive without it.  I can say my least favorite is UNO.    A bigger concern than deep dish is making sure my native Chicagoan kids don't pick up the accent.   Saaaasage on that pizza? 

That really deep "Chicago-style" pizza that you have to wait an hour and a half for at the restaurant? ... makes me want to vomit. As someone said above, it's more like a casserole.  I like heavy toppings on a thin to medium thickness crust. Who needs all that carb. :)

• Like 2

On 3/16/2018 at 3:57 PM, thebeerqueer said:

Jolly Pumpkin has set an opening date of next Thursday the 22nd. Not sure if that was shared here in the beer/pizza thread. 

Walked by yesterday. Seriously impressive amount of tap handles. For anyone who has been to the other locations, this one seems to blow them all out of the water (especially the TC location that only has like 4 or 5 on tap). I'm really excited to see what their line up is like. 

19 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

Walked by yesterday. Seriously impressive amount of tap handles. For anyone who has been to the other locations, this one seems to blow them all out of the water (especially the TC location that only has like 4 or 5 on tap). I'm really excited to see what their line up is like. 

I've only been to the location on Mission Point so my experience is limited but I do remember them having their full portfolio of brands on tap, Jolly Pumpkin, North Peak, Blue Tractor, etc ... I would imagine the same offering will be in place for the GR locaiton. 

1 hour ago, thebeerqueer said:

I've only been to the location on Mission Point so my experience is limited but I do remember them having their full portfolio of brands on tap, Jolly Pumpkin, North Peak, Blue Tractor, etc ... I would imagine the same offering will be in place for the GR locaiton. 

Yes, I was speaking specifically to the JP branded beers, Mission Point is limited in their offering having 4 or maybe 5, but they do have quite a few of the other brands.  The GR location will have 20 JP beers, according to mgreven's post above.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

23 minutes ago, Pattmost20 said:

Wouldn't be surprised. Doesn't ever seem busy.

Completely agree, unless there's a big convention or event going on. Otherwise, you can shoot a cannon through there. 

In other beer news, Founders will be releasing a taproom favorite, Sleeper Cell, as part of their Mothership Series. Bottles will be available in May at both GR and Detroit locations. It's a super tasty West Coast  double IPA that's perfect for the warmer weather. Don't sleep (see what I did there) on this one. 

I would think management might not have helped either - we went when they opened on a Sunday because I wanted to try it and kid's ate free on Sundays when it opened.  My wife and I each got a salad because we didn't want anything too heavy and our kids got pizzas.  All three pizzas came out full size...we took home almost two pizzas.  We questioned the bill because it was so cheap ($20 or so for us all...)  Of course, we went back a few Sundays later.  The pizza size shrunk to kid-sized but still free.  That seemed more appropriate but still quite a deal.  Went back a couple months later and the kids eat free was done.  They said parents would have all their kids order and then just eat off of those meals while drinking beer.  Of course, those customers were not cool for doing that however it doesn't take too much restaurant sense to put safe guards in place to avoid losing too much on promotions.  (like one free kids meal with purchase of adult meal...which most places do).  The food and drink wasn't worth another trip.  BTW, when the bill was that cheap, we tipped a ton....  =)

1 hour ago, mgreven said:

.  Of course, those customers were not cool for doing that however it doesn't take too much restaurant sense to put safe guards in place to avoid losing too much on promotions.  (like one free kids meal with purchase of adult meal...which most places do).  The food and drink wasn't worth another trip.  BTW, when the bill was that cheap, we tipped a ton....  =)

Trust me, certain W. Michigan residents are artists at exploiting loop holes in restaurant promotions.

• Like 3