Downtown Needs(?) a Pharmacy

whitemice

4 hours ago, demhem said:

I recently talked to someone who works at a hotel downtown and this is one of the most frequent questions she receives from visitors: "where is the nearest pharmacy/Walgreens/etc."

Hopefully with the Spectrum staff moving to N. Monroe, that may create enough business with a hotel next door + existing residential, adding more than enough foot traffic to sustain one over there.

2 hours ago, 54equalsunity said:

If the Renaissance Center can have a CVS (which must be supported entirely by office workers, because it's not really evident for hotel guests in that maze of a building), I'd think we could have one downtown. I'm not hopeful for one anytime soon, however.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Well it's right on the route between the hotel and the people mover, and that hotel has more than 1200 rooms, plus the four office towers connected to it. That's a -lot-

I was reminded last night that Rockford Construction put in a proposal for the project at the corner of Fulton and Division that included a CVS pharmacy in a mixed use development. :) Now it's the UICA obviously. I suggested that Rockford look at a pharmacy in the ground floor of Morton...

• Like 1