350 Deaderick Tower (21 stories on top of existing 12 story garage)

markhollin

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^I was hoping we'd get a TN Kitchen! :yahoo:;)

Personally, I was pulling for "Restaurant," which of course would have to be around the corner from an "Ikoa" store and next to "Bucks coffee" which that hipster girl walking the poodle is always on her way to but never quite seems to get to!

Edited by BnaBreaker
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

Personally, I was pulling for "Restaurant," which of course would have to be around the corner from an "Ikoa" store and next to "Bucks coffee" which that hipster girl walking the poodle is always on her way to but never quite seems to get make it to!

I like that white flowing dress she's wearing. :D

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Griz83 said:

Is this real, or just a hypothetical rendering for a contest?

Considering the new owner of the garage deck just bought it last year (Stoltz Real Estate), and that they own the 20 story office tower at 4th Ave. North & Church and the Stahlman Apts. Building (12 stories)... it seems like a viable proposal. 

• Like 3

On 10/11/2019 at 5:28 PM, Mr_Bond said:

It's a wonderful location.  I parked in that garage for three years in the late '90s.  It has spiral ramps in the center as you can see from the satellite map.

The parking spaces in that garage are great...........probably one of the more spacious ones downtown.   The spiral ramps to exit out on Deadrick or Charlotte are what made me cringe when i was driving out of there.   

• Like 1

Just going to weigh-in here...the "contest" people are referring to is likely the AIA Middle Tennessee Design Awards People's Choice. https://aiamidtn.submittable.com/gallery/8aacc7e3-fadc-4429-a5e4-0a3e0599375a/

Voting for it or not will have zero bearing on whether the project happens.  The voting is supposed to be anonymous but, for the most part, we all know who the architects are on these projects.  With that being said, the architect on that submission is in the immediate area of the project and is doing some fine work around town.  They had been in close with the previous owner, so I'm not sure if this was a rendering for a proposed project that the owner used as leverage to sell or if the new owner loved the work so much that they bought the garage to pursue this project specifically.

All that being said, the AIA's Celebration of Architecture event will take place October 29th at the Wilburn Street Studio in East Nashville. http://www.aiamidtn.org/events/2019-design-awards-celebration-party/

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Wouldn't want to take that ramp w/o curb feelers on my Toyota. I'm guessing that garage was built sometime in late 1960s or 1970s when cars were the size of yachts. Cannot imagine trying to negotiate that ramp in a '73 Lincoln Towncar. Come to think of it, I guess I wouldn't want to attempt it in a '19 Escalade. I'd be looking for another place to park.