Sign in to follow this  
KJHburg

Fort Worth Photos of the Day

Downtown Fort Worth looks great.  Clean and busy on a warm sunny Sunday afternoon. Downtown and Sundance Square.  Today.  This downtown seems more alive than downtown Dallas.  Lots of new residential in older buildings.  Great retail and restaurants.  

IMG_5456.JPG

IMG_5458.JPG

IMG_5459.JPG

IMG_5460.JPG

IMG_5461.JPG

IMG_5464.JPG

IMG_5465.JPG

IMG_5469.JPG

IMG_5474.JPG

IMG_5479.JPG

IMG_5480.JPG

IMG_5483.JPG

IMG_5484.JPG

IMG_5485.JPG

IMG_5492.JPG

IMG_5493.JPG

IMG_5495.JPG

IMG_5504.JPG

IMG_5506.JPG

IMG_5508.JPG

IMG_5509.JPG

IMG_5510.JPG

IMG_5517.JPG

IMG_5518.JPG

IMG_5519.JPG

IMG_5520.JPG

IMG_5523.JPG

IMG_5525.JPG

IMG_5529.JPG

IMG_5533.JPG

IMG_5534.JPG

IMG_5535.JPG

IMG_5538.JPG

IMG_5540.JPG

IMG_5542.JPG

IMG_5547.JPG

IMG_5548.JPG

IMG_5554.JPG

IMG_5555.JPG

IMG_5556.JPG

IMG_5557.JPG

IMG_5559.JPG

IMG_5560.JPG

IMG_5561.JPG

IMG_5562.JPG

IMG_5563.JPG

IMG_5565.JPG

IMG_5566.JPG

IMG_5568.JPG

IMG_5569.JPG

• Like 2

The Stockyards north of downtown today.   2 new hotels are being built in the district including an extension of  Stockyards with Mule Alley which among other tenants includes a Shake Shack (that is funny to me a NYC based burger chain in the heart of Stockyards district)  plus new 200 room Hotel Drover.  https://mulealleyfortworth.com/      https://hoteldrover.com/

This area was packed with tourists today and with this expansion getting even bigger.

IMG_5576.JPG

IMG_5579.JPG

IMG_5583.JPG

IMG_5584.JPG

IMG_5586.JPG

IMG_5588.JPG

IMG_5590.JPG

IMG_5592.JPG

IMG_5593.JPG

IMG_5598.JPG

IMG_5602.JPG

IMG_5612.JPG

IMG_5614.JPG

IMG_5619.JPG

IMG_5620.JPG

IMG_5624.JPG

IMG_5628.JPG

IMG_5629.JPG

IMG_5633.JPG

IMG_5635.JPG

IMG_5637.JPG

• Like 2

Great collection of pictures.  I was actually in nearby Arlington TX two weeks ago on business but unfortunately did not have time to explore the area.  Was able to see the skyline of Fort Worth from my hotel room though.

• Like 2

Nice photos.  Forth Worth and San Antonio get some criticism from skyscraper nerds for their lack of  new skyscrapers.  But the downtown street activity in both cities is far better than some cities with much larger skylines.

• Like 1

If I was doing the power rankings of the downtowns of Texas the best would be not in any particular order Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio.    Both the larger cities of Houston and Dallas are way behind in street level and residential mixed uses in their downtowns.   Uptown Dallas outside of downtown is pretty active at the street level and high rises but not so much downtown Dallas. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, KJHburg said:

If I was doing the power rankings of the downtowns of Texas the best would be not in any particular order Fort Worth, Austin and San Antonio.    Both the larger cities of Houston and Dallas are way behind in street level and residential mixed uses in their downtowns.   Uptown Dallas outside of downtown is pretty active at the street level and high rises but not so much downtown Dallas. 

I agree.  The Dallas and Houston downtowns are products of the 80s.  Awesome skyscrapers but built on plazas away from the street or designed with minimal street connectivity.

The Williams Tower in Houston is one of my top five favorite skyscrapers ever, but it was and somewhat still is a lone sentinel.

• Like 2