markhollin

1 minute ago, MLBrumby said:

One of the lots I suggested he put up his paramount tower.  Don't know what the appeal is for him with the park he's trying to get. Needs to go ALL-IN here for the paramount. 

900 Church Street lot is not a shape that would accommodate the Paramount tower design. Too narrow and deep.

5436D853-92B4-4AE0-85C7-4E6228D41A92.jpeg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, titanhog said:

Jeff Bezos standing at the windows of the Amazon tower trying to see downtown past Tony's new tower:

giphy.gif

Then Bezos will just have to go taller!!!

1 minute ago, donNdonelson2 said:

900 Church Street lot is not a shape that would accommodate the Paramount tower design. Too narrow and deep.

5436D853-92B4-4AE0-85C7-4E6228D41A92.jpeg

Good eye.  I do think it would fit at the vacant lot across Church. And def would fit (plus more) on the old Tulane Hotel site two blocks east. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, markhollin said:

A 32-33 story residential tower at 900 Church St. is being planned for a Summer 2022 opening by Tony Giarratana on the .31 acre lot at 900 Charlotte Ave. It should stand at least 400 feet in height. No word on how many units,or if there is a parking garage included.

This thin block is now inhabited by the 1 story YMCA of Middle Tennessee admin building, which has no historical significance. It is also just one block east of the twin Amazon towers currently under construction as part of the Nashville Yards development. 

More at the Nashville Post here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21094216/giarratana-eyes-church-street-for-next-skyscraper

Official website:

https://www.900church.com/

900 Chruch St, Oct 25, 2019, render.png

Glad to see Mr. Giarratana is not letting the fighting over Church Street Park keep him from exploring other opportunities (It's a fight I expect he'll lose with the new mayor holding sway).  However, I'd hope he'd be capable of coming up with a  more inspiring design. A variation of this stacked boxes design is either built or proposed for about a dozen other cities. C'mon Giarratana, give us something uniquely & attractively forward looking. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Original post says Charlotte at the end of the first sentence , btw.

Wait! What!? Where?! NVM: I see. The article says Church Street. And the pic accompanying is of 900 Church. And Don is right... it's verrrrrrry narrow.  

Edited by MLBrumby