markhollin

6 minutes ago, TNinVB said:

Nashville’s new nickname should be Music Box City U.S.A.! ;- P

image.png.0795ced9dd91222644675aecf916ad1d.png

*Cajon City USA

In all seriousness though, I'm a big fan of the design and scale of this one. I fear potential value-engineering in the future, but for now I'll stay optimistic and excited.  

• Like 2

Beautiful! Will be very prominent at that location. 

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

900 Chruch St, Oct 25, 2019, render.png

What a refreshing change to see a design that isn't built on a 10-story parking pedestal.     Some of the rear portion may be a few levels of above ground parking, but the design seems to mask it pretty well.   

Just a guess, but I’d wager the back half of floors one and two, and floors three and four would be dedicated to parking. It’s a tight lot, but underground parking could be done as well. 

Agreed.  That's actually quite a bit more attractive. And then there's Newark.  So immediately this one's going to look dated.  The jenga look is about a decade (plus!!) old. The architecture firm should have been fired for lack of originality.  Harborside

2 hours ago, henburg said:

image.png.0795ced9dd91222644675aecf916ad1d.png

*Cajon City USA

In all seriousness though, I'm a big fan of the design and scale of this one. I fear potential value-engineering in the future, but for now I'll stay optimistic and excited.  

Yes... Music Box City... except a slight correction. 

Image result for boxes stacked on top of each other

• Like 1

8 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I may know of some more!If I told you I would have to send my mafia hit man after you. All is very preliminary, but if it comes to pass, it could be very exciting. This was shared during the last meet up. I will not say how many, but multiple more towers that may come to pass.

I can never make it down there on Saturday mornings! Can ya have a meetup in Louisville maybe?!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, titanhog said:

I really like the design...but it seems every project Tony has built eventually comes in with a much more vanilla design...and shorter...in the end.

We will see what happens with the downtown code. I have to look to see what the code says at that location and what Tony thinks too. I am sure he has done his preliminary research and knows how high he can go.

We still dont know who the architect is. 

It's interesting that this could break 400' with only 33 residential floors, since TheSoBro has 33 floors but is just 345'.  But the new ressidential on 5th&Broad is 34 floors and 415'.
There's a lot of variation, for reasons I don't understand.  (Parking pedastals? but they count in the floors. maybe larger floors at the lower levels?)

ThePlace@5th  34 floors  415'
900Church         33 floors  401'  (guestimations)
Viridian                 31 floors  378'
TheSoBro            33 floors  345'

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, rolly said:

It's interesting that this could break 400' with only 33 residential floors, since TheSoBro has 33 floors but is just 345'.  But the new ressidential on 5th&Broad is 34 floors and 415'.
There's a lot of variation, for reasons I don't understand.  (Parking pedastals? but they count in the floors. maybe larger floors at the lower levels?)

ThePlace@5th  34 floors  415'
900Church         33 floors  401'  (guestimations)
Viridian                 31 floors  378'
TheSoBro            33 floors  345'

I think you are dead on as far as the height goes.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, nashwatcher said:

Any chance Cooper will get rid of the outdated height limits within the inner loop?

That would take a whole new effort by the Council and the Planning dept. The mayor  has no control of the current zoning. The Council has the final say. I dont think it will happen under this administration.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Agree with Ron.    The mayor has nothing to do with zoning.    That’s Council and the Planning Commission.    Zoning height limits are a constant gripe on this board, but I never understand why.      Building height in this city, like every city, is driven by real estate cost per sf, market demand and ability to obtain financing.      In the central core, there are effectively no height limits, and outside the core, every legitimate request for a height variance that I can think of in recent years has been granted.    If you guys are aware of any projects in the core in the last couple of years that the city has rejected due to height limits, please share with us.   

Only one I can think of is City Lights. 

• Like 3

The stacked box design has been a bit overplayed for me in recent years. I will applaud the lack of parking here though. 

surprised it would be an apartment building. I understand the risk of building condos (and the customization and upfront cost) for them, but from a revenue standpoint surprising. Maybe 505’s slow sales giving concern?

• Like 3