markhollin

1 hour ago, Bos2Nash said:

Totally understand the desire to go apartments versus condos. Not having to deal with pre-sales and the resultant requests for customization on each condo.

$160 million though??? Pennies in the development world. We are looking at approximately $350 a square for a luxury apartment building. I would expect $450 to $500 per square foot for actual luxury apartments. Wasn't someone mentioning on here about the disappointment in the level of finish for the 505 tower. Are we looking at an overpromised-underdelivered product here? To put things in perspective, I am working on municipal job, non-sprinklered, wood framed building that is 12,000 square feet and it is going for about $210 per square foot.

It doesn't have a garage to add to the costs.  But I'd expect it'll be even a step down from 505. If I were to rent an upscale apartment in the middle of a sunbelt city with no public transportation, I'd for sure insist on having a garage under the building. I've heard Mr. Giarratana plans to negotiate with a nearby garage for residents who want one, but that still means they'll need to step out in the elements. So for those reasons, I believe this will be very very midrange. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

It doesn't have a garage to add to the costs.  But I'd expect it'll be even a step down from 505. If I were to rent an upscale apartment in the middle of a sunbelt city with no public transportation, I'd for sure insist on having a garage under the building. I've heard Mr. Giarratana plans to negotiate with a nearby garage for residents who want one, but that still means they'll need to step out in the elements. So for those reasons, I believe this will be very very midrange. 

And we need variety in price range for housing folks with different needs and incomes. Bring it on, Mr. G!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

this will be very very midrange. 

I think Tony is smart to shoot for lower price point and bare-bones finish in the units.  My theory is that a lot of upper class customers will switch to sprawling suburban estates in the wake of coronavirus.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Armacing said:

I think Tony is smart to shoot for lower price point and bare-bones finish in the units.  My theory is that a lot of upper class customers will switch to sprawling suburban estates in the wake of coronavirus.

Will that fit a certain segment of Amazon workers?  I would imagine the location would be perfect for them.

3 hours ago, JoeyX said:

Then how is the average salary 150K?

We've never actually seen any official documents from Amazon saying that, have we?  Maybe that is all of Amazon including Seattle.  Nashville is only getting the logistics center of excellence.  There will be a lot of clerical positions with regular middle-class wages.  Maybe a few engineers.  Possibly only a handful of senior-leadership and executive positions.

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

That is because a foundation permit has been issued. There is no construction equipment on site as of Saturday. He jumped the gun just a little, however I would love to know who it is because he is doing a great job of keeping the list updated.

If you are the wiki guy reading this PM me!

Ron...are you sure you aren't taking a sip of whiskey every night and forgetting about updating Wiki? :rofl:

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Kinda looking that way.  We already knew AECOM was the GC for 801 Church but Brasfield Gorrie was to have been the GC for 900. So, it may be they decided to go with one GC to simplify the process and build the projects at the same time.

So how much more likely does the “hiring a contractor” step make this project?