markhollin

Some here can correct me if I'm wrong, but a GC is needed to approve plans because the GC can tell what is 'buildable' or if a component must be redesigned. That was actually what happened with a critical component of the Signature Tower design 

16 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Some here can correct me if I'm wrong, but a GC is needed to approve plans because the GC can tell what is 'buildable' or if a component must be redesigned. That was actually what happened with a critical component of the Signature Tower design 

Not always. 

Some developers have the size to which they have in-house Project Managers that can act as a GC. 

TG is not one of those developers, so hiring a GC is a needed step (for plan review and for pulling the permit), but until you have 100% financing, the GC will be sitting on his/her hands. 

However, TG won't get 100% financing from someone if he doesn't have a GC. So it's a necessary step. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Having this rendering and the elevation posted above, I realize I've been quite ignorant about floor counts. This building is listed as 34-floors, and as such it does have that many levels of 'living space'. But then there are two mechanical floors and (possibly) an amenities level on the penthouse (37th level). Hard for me to read the tiny print on the elevation pic posted above. Likewise, the 801 Church building in this rendering would have 41 levels, if I'm doing this correctly. So estimating height of that one, I'd guess close to 450', which I believe would be taller than the Buckingham Gulch tower proposed for the triangular lot at Division and 12th Avenue. 

Two_Buildings_Portrait_FINAL.5fad9b602145f.jpg

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, titanhog said:

I may have spied some dirt being pushed around on the site today on a distant construction cam.  Anyone in downtown know if they’re doing any work today here?

I went to the Y this morning and didn’t see anything going on at the site. Unfortunately 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, subkyle said:

I went to the Y this morning and didn’t see anything going on at the site. Unfortunately 

I had just noticed on the Asurion cam (which is quite far away) around 1…then checked back around 2…and there was a truck and trailer parked on Church and it looked like they were unloading equipment and maybe using it…but maybe it was for something else.  I don’t see it on the live cam now.  So…probably a false alarm.  Sorry fellas. :tw_bawling:

48 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

No dirt moved, but a new trailer for Demo Plus is on site. If I remember correctly, part of the plan is to demo to retaining wall along 9th, so they might be getting ready for that. From this morning: 

505B6EA3-0430-4D8B-9D22-F44060F12D6C.thumb.jpeg.070115cef09d56d89b36d2c4233eca60.jpeg

Thanks!  I knew I saw something!  Hopefully a sign of about to go.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...