Sign in to follow this  
HankStrong

Church Street Plaza | 32-Story Hotel/Apt & Re-work of Former CSS Retail/Event Space [Phases 2/3 Planning Phase]

https://orlando.novusagenda.com/AgendaWeb/AttachmentViewer.ashx?AttachmentID=88733&ItemID=49208

Just a link to the MPB staff report.

I combined Ph 2 tower and Ph 3 former Church Street Station re-work as it seems they are both ramping up to start.

17 hours ago, Tim3167 said:

At some point maybe e we should start a tower 2 thread. Baker Barrios  posted video flyover video of the project:

I can see why there has been such confusion on the different elevations when posted individually. I think I like this.

Facebook video link

16 hours ago, Jvest55 said:

Thanks for the link, the rendering explains a lot.

The new building does look like it might close 90% of the gap here, not entirely a big fan of that. Not sure what to think about the building still. Seems massive 

916648950_ScreenShot2019-10-28at3_33_52PM.thumb.png.ca4bdee6a1c55f89c5f989cf260737d5.png

16 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

I actually like it. The MPB reports didn’t provide a clear rendering which threw me off. But I definitely like this one. Not the best, but not bad at all.

• Like 2

I think the video sells it to me a bit more. A little funky - but definitely unique. I'll take it. Would like to know what materials they want to use though.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dale said:

Looks to be well over 400’ ?

Just 400'.  The labels are funky as someone pointed out in the other thread.

The video is much better.  I'm still annoyed over the lack of foresight regarding the parking pedestal.  So much wasted space that could have been a Sunrail lobby.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, orlandouprise said:

does it?

Looked like it did in the video. Phase two is 85 feet taller than phase one, which is a good bit taller by Orlando standards.

• Like 1

It looks 430’ in the video. In any case, based on phase one’s floor height, phase 2 would be over 400, and that’s without the roof ornamentation.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HankStrong said:

Just 400'.  The labels are funky as someone pointed out in the other thread.

It's almost as tall as the title of this thread would be if it were stretched out and stood on its end.... :good:

:D 

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, JFW657 said:

It's almost as tall as the title of this thread would be if it were stretched out and stood on its end.... :good:

:D 

I get paid by the letter here!

• Haha 3

The MPB approved phase 2/3, including the food hall, over the objections of Hamburger Mary's and the full plan goes before the City 11/11.

Before anyone goes off about Buddy, Chapman and the City needing to protect the little guy consider the view landlord/ tenant issues are a matter for civil court- not elected officials. 

https://www.thedailycity.com/post/hamburger-marys-lincoln

https://www.mynews13.com/fl/orlando/news/2019/10/23/hamburger-mary-s-in-orlando-fighting-to-stay-accessible?fbclid=IwAR39-Cd3DpiWixVz8F24aSdDepdLX0ccRrj8q8608D5Lzb1uOPs9a8d8Gb8

• Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 8:29 PM, jrs2 said:

I love the  extra-descriptive title of this thread.

Thanks!  In truth I was just trying to make it easy to tell which thread was which.

Passed Orchid Gardens and saw some equipment on site and well as a gate. Looks like demo should happen soon unless the equipment is for I-4 construction.

12 hours ago, DreS0803 said:

Passed Orchid Gardens and saw some equipment on site and well as a gate. Looks like demo should happen soon unless the equipment is for I-4 construction.

I have not seen any I4 equipment east of Sunrail tracks so I'm doubting it's for I4! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1