The Edge | 32-Story Mixed Use + SunRail Station [Proposed/Demo Underway]

HankStrong

On 12/16/2021 at 12:38 PM, uncreativeusername said:

Indeed not. The similarities between the new-ish Marriott Marquis here in Chicago are also striking - it's almost as if the design details of this building are split between CSP phases I & II (or whatever we're calling the different phases...)

Unknown-5-1500x864.jpg

OMG, I didn't realize you're in Da Windy City...

Yeah, that's at McCormick...

On 12/16/2021 at 11:00 AM, JFW657 said:

Looks like we're not the only town to get a Mr. T mohawk building....

one-cardinal-way-saint-louis-mo-welcome-

Um...couldn't resist...

30c781d5d8b0ef9e1f9675f47e77ae03.gif

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Tim3167 said:

So this missed it’s stated 4th quarter start. It’s been awfully quiet. Any insight or word on the street? Is this still alive and kicking or on life support?

Like most of the major building projects that get proposed around here, it's probably in Orlimbo.  

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Like most of the major building projects that get proposed around here, it's probably in Orlimbo.  

Yeah . I set myself up. I bought into this and the Monarch project and neither one is doing anything. I should've known. 

It's weird to have Baker burials go through all of those design changes though and this is for both. So this is disappointing of this isn't happening .

8 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Yeah . I set myself up. I bought into this and the Monarch project and neither one is doing anything. I should've known. 

It's weird to have Baker burials go through all of those design changes though and this is for both. So this is disappointing of this isn't happening .

I dunno.

I can see it eventually happening.

Everyone thought Society aka Golden Sparrow aka whatever was dead but look at it now.  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

When you say permits were pulled, does that mean that they were issued permits in the city pulled them back?

7 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I dunno.

I can see it eventually happening.

Everyone thought Society aka Golden Sparrow aka whatever was dead but look at it now.  :thumbsup: 

How I understood what I read That's why in a previous post I put February 2022. But I guess that first quarter of 2022 is made up of the last 90 days of 2021. So maybe not February but maybe March or towards the end of March hopefully

Edited by IAmFloridaBorn
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 4:30 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

When you say permits were pulled, does that mean that they were issued permits in the city pulled them back?

How I understood what I read That's why in a previous post I put February 2022. But I guess that first quarter of 2022 is made up of the last 90 days of 2021. So maybe not February but maybe March or towards the end of March hopefully

Pulled using mean filed for/requested in the sense of permitting.  

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Looks pretty good by Orlando standards. If I had one nitpick, I'd wish they wouldn't put that little section at the bottom that connects both buildings. Would look less stubby if they appeared more like separate buildings.

I would prefer a sky bridge between the two buildings if they absolutely have to be connected.   

Edited by GregoryMCSE
  • Like 2

They have to put section at the bottom connecting the buildings for connectivity of the parking garage levels as well as the SunRail station.  The phase 1 was designed with open ended levels for parking on the north side of the building to ensure connectivity of the garage for both phases.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, orange87 said:

Looks pretty good by Orlando standards. If I had one nitpick, I'd wish they wouldn't put that little section at the bottom that connects both buildings. Would look less stubby if they appeared more like separate buildings.

I think the only reason that's happening is because of the connected SunRail station in the back which they promised the city of Orlando.

On 2/9/2022 at 5:13 PM, IAmFloridaBorn said:

If built, If it comes out looking anything like it's little brother I will be so happy . You know, since downtown likes the blue color on all the buildings. 

PXL_20220204_115336215.jpg

this is a magazine-quality photo...totally nailed it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

They have to put section at the bottom connecting the buildings for connectivity of the parking garage levels as well as the SunRail station.  The phase 1 was designed with open ended levels for parking on the north side of the building to ensure connectivity of the garage for both phases.  

IIRC when we looked at the floor plan a few months back, they opted not to set the parking lot that way after all.  You couldn't drive between the building and they had separate ramps as a result.

10 minutes ago, codypet said:

IIRC when we looked at the floor plan a few months back, they opted not to set the parking lot that way after all.  You couldn't drive between the building and they had separate ramps as a result.

I vote for no connection between the garages, allowing only for “Dukes of Hazzard” style jumps between buildings. Charge extra, it becomes a tourist attraction, spurring additional growth downtown, making DTO the envy of all! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3