The Edge | 32-Story Mixed Use + SunRail Station [Proposed/Demo Underway]

HankStrong

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

What could possibly go wrong?

BGoJ.gif

6-C375-AJG5-REPPBUMAEMDOCNCWQ.gif

Scene 1: Freebie and the Bean.  Bam!  What do I win?  (please don't answer that)

I literally was watching clips from that on YT a week ago and saw that scene.

Scene 2: Marina City, but I don't know if from a movie. 

4 hours ago, jrs2 said:

Scene 1: Freebie and the Bean.  Bam!  What do I win?  (please don't answer that)

I literally was watching clips from that on YT a week ago and saw that scene.

Scene 2: Marina City, but I don't know if from a movie. 

The Hunter. Steve McQueen's last movie before he died.  

Saw Freebie and the Bean in the theater back in the 70's when it first came out. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, JFW657 said:

Saw Freebie and the Bean in the theater back in the 70's when it first came out. 

that's cool.  I don't think I saw The Hunter...

Reminds me of Sharkey's Machine where the guy is thrown out the window of the Westin in The ATL but was actually thrown out of that black circular building in DTO before they tore it down.  Not a car, but the same concept.

19 hours ago, JFW657 said:

just saw the chase scene...awesome...on YT.  Chicago was stunt city back then between The Blues Brothers and The Hunter.  cool.

42 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

that's cool.  I don't think I saw The Hunter...

Reminds me of Sharkey's Machine where the guy is thrown out the window of the Westin in The ATL but was actually thrown out of that black circular building in DTO before they tore it down.  Not a car, but the same concept.

Actually, that stunt really did take place at The Westin in Atlanta.

The stuntman, Dar Robinson, specialized in and was known for doing insanely high falls off of and out of skyscrapers etc.

He actually jumped off the CN Tower once and fell 900 feet without a parachute.

2013222-DAR-lead.jpg

In Sharkey's Machine, he "only" went out of the 20th floor.

I saw a documentary on the setting up and filming of that scene once on 60 Minutes or some similar show.

But he really did go out of The Westin in Atlanta.

09cbdabf14d41a12569e39ae3aacf68a.png

image.jpg

Ironically, he died doing a stunt that wasn't even considered dangerous. He was riding a motorcycle in a group of other riders during a scene that consisted only of them speeding past the camera on a paved highway. He lost control, missed a curve and went over an embankment, landing on a large rock. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JFW657 said:

Actually, that stunt really did take place at The Westin in Atlanta.

The stuntman, Dar Robinson, specialized in and was known for doing insanely high falls off of and out of skyscrapers etc.

He actually jumped off the CN Tower once and fell 900 feet without a parachute.

2013222-DAR-lead.jpg

In Sharkey's Machine, he "only" went out of the 20th floor.

I saw a documentary on the setting up and filming of that scene once on 60 Minutes or some similar show.

But he really did go out of The Westin in Atlanta.

09cbdabf14d41a12569e39ae3aacf68a.png

image.jpg

Ironically, he died doing a stunt that wasn't even considered dangerous. He was riding a motorcycle in a group of other riders during a scene that consisted only of them speeding past the camera on a paved highway. He lost control, missed a curve and went over an embankment, landing on a large rock. 

I could have sworn they used that building in Orlando.  So I looked it up.  On the Wiki page, it says they shot it from the Hyatt Regency.  I clicked on that link. Apparently that building has a black cylinder section that they used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharky's_Machine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyatt_Regency_Atlanta

click on one of the photos to see that black cylinder.

Anyway, I noticed something from the atrium shot of the Hyatt Regency:  the fancy elevators are identical to the Hyatt Regency elevators seen in High Anxiety in SF.  Relevance?  Dunno; just think it's cool.

But I gotta find that news story about the cylinder building in Orlando; maybe I was thinking of Lethal Weapon and City Hall...

6 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

I could have sworn they used that building in Orlando.  So I looked it up.  On the Wiki page, it says they shot it from the Hyatt Regency.  I clicked on that link. Apparently that building has a black cylinder section that they used.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharky's_Machine

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyatt_Regency_Atlanta

click on one of the photos to see that black cylinder.

Anyway, I noticed something from the atrium shot of the Hyatt Regency:  the fancy elevators are identical to the Hyatt Regency elevators seen in High Anxiety in SF.  Relevance?  Dunno; just think it's cool.

But I gotta find that news story about the cylinder building in Orlando; maybe I was thinking of Lethal Weapon and City Hall...

Here's a video clip of them filming the stunt, in which the narrator confirms it was The Hyatt.

FF to 4:10....

But in this clip of the scene from the movie, it looks like they used both buildings and spliced footage of him going out of the Hyatt, then, what appears to be a dummy free falling from an obviously much higher building, probably the Westin.

Pretty impressive either way.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

Here's a video clip of them filming the stunt, in which the narrator confirms it was The Hyatt.

FF to 4:10....

But in this clip of the scene from the movie, it looks like they used both buildings and spliced footage of him going out of the Hyatt, then, what appears to be a dummy free falling from an obviously much higher building, probably the Westin.

Pretty impressive either way.

cool.  great shot.  great scene.  if you like those '70's shows, TUbi has a Starsky & Hutch channel.

1 minute ago, jrs2 said:

cool.  great shot.  great scene.  if you like those '70's shows, TUbi has a Starsky & Hutch channel.

I ditched cable & satellite TV nearly two decades ago and though I know TUbi is a streaming service, I get all my TV for free OTA via antenna. 

Most of what I watch is 50's, 60's and 70's stuff.

I don't watch Starsky and Hutch, but I'm pretty sure I can get it on one of the OTA retro channels I receive.

They just brought back The Rockford Files (greatest detective show in history) on GetTV, and Antenna TV runs B2B Barney Millers.

GetTV also runs 2 B2B episodes of Kojak right before Rockford. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, JFW657 said:

I ditched cable & satellite TV nearly two decades ago and though I know TUbi is a streaming service, I get all my TV for free OTA via antenna. 

Most of what I watch is 50's, 60's and 70's stuff.

I don't watch Starsky and Hutch, but I'm pretty sure I can get it on one of the OTA retro channels I receive.

They just brought back The Rockford Files (greatest detective show in history) on GetTV, and Antenna TV runs B2B Barney Millers.

GetTV also runs 2 B2B episodes of Kojak right before Rockford. 

Rochford, Kojak were awesome.

Rockford has a Tubi channel as well, but not Kojak.  And I was told that Hawaii Five-O has a channel on Pluto.

Tubi also has Police Woman and a few other shows from that era.  I haven't found Mannix, though.  I used to catch Streets of SF every once in a while but not sure if it is hosted anywhere.  I used to watch Vega$; not hosted I don't think.  

Antenna is good; a lot of good stations you can catch in the region.

Every once in a while, you watch like Starsky and you see guest actors in their infancy; so cool.  I saw an episode with a young Kim Cattral on that and Logan's Run on Tubi. Seen a young Kim Bassinger on Charlie's Angels and Vega$ before.

3 minutes ago, jrs2 said:

Rochford, Kojak were awesome.

Rockford has a Tubi channel as well, but not Kojak.  And I was told that Hawaii Five-O has a channel on Pluto.

Tubi also has Police Woman and a few other shows from that era.  I haven't found Mannix, though.  I used to catch Streets of SF every once in a while but not sure if it is hosted anywhere.  I used to watch Vega$; not hosted I don't think.  

Antenna is good; a lot of good stations you can catch in the region.

Every once in a while, you watch like Starsky and you see guest actors in their infancy; so cool.  I saw an episode with a young Kim Cattral on that and Logan's Run on Tubi. Seen a young Kim Bassinger on Charlie's Angels and Vega$ before.

I've seen both Starsky and Hutch stars on Rockford episodes.

Also, Tom Selleck did two or three Rockford episodes just a couple of years or so prior to Magnum PI.

They were grooming him for his own series at the time and I guess Rockford was a good vehicle. Magnum's buddies Rick and TC also did Rockford episodes, and in one Selleck episode the guy who played Rick was in it with him. Selleck got to sock him across the jaw.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spenser1058 said:

BUT, the best Rockford spinoff was “Richie Brockelman, Private Eye”:

And, ohhhhh, that theme song!

Didn't last very long though, did it?

There were two Richie Brockelman episodes on TRF, both of them 2-parters, so technically there were four. 

One was a Rockford "scam" episode called "Never Send A Boy King To Do A Man's Job" where he kind of harkened back to his Brett Maverick character (they did a few of those) in which he sets up an elaborate con in order to get some innocent victim's (Richie's dad) money back from some other crook/con. It involved the King Tut exhibit that was making headlines back in the 70's. 

The other one is probably my favorite RF episode, called "The House On Willis Avenue". The plot involved a very early version of the internet and computerized personal information/data collection agencies like Equifax etc.,  Bad actors knocking off local PI's in order to increase their market share of the information gathering business. Pretty good "buddy" episode as the two of them have to hide out from the police who have warrants out on them and the bad guys who want to introduce them to the citrus industry. As fertilizer. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, prahaboheme said:

Until then — 

We all come here assuming the best yet get Mel Gibson.

Got it!

Funny you should mention Mel Gibson.

He starred alongside James (Rockford Files) Garner in a remake of Garners former series Maverick....

Maverick-movie.jpg

I think he played Maverick's son.  

:thumbsup: 

Edited by JFW657
  • Like 1

On 2/25/2022 at 7:05 PM, JFW657 said:

I've seen both Starsky and Hutch stars on Rockford episodes.

Also, Tom Selleck did two or three Rockford episodes just a couple of years or so prior to Magnum PI.

They were grooming him for his own series at the time and I guess Rockford was a good vehicle. Magnum's buddies Rick and TC also did Rockford episodes, and in one Selleck episode the guy who played Rick was in it with him. Selleck got to sock him across the jaw.  

I've gotta get caught up on Rockford. About two years ago I was catching up on Columbo episodes; they've got a channel for that show as well I noticed. 

On 2/26/2022 at 9:27 AM, JFW657 said:

Funny you should mention Mel Gibson.

He starred alongside James (Rockford Files) Garner in a remake of Garners former series Maverick....

Maverick-movie.jpg

I think he played Maverick's son.  

:thumbsup: 

Haha.  wouldn't it be something if Mel Gibson "hissed" something at Jodie Foster ala Multiple Migs...

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

I've gotta get caught up on Rockford. About two years ago I was catching up on Columbo episodes; they've got a channel for that show as well I noticed. 

Haha.  wouldn't it be something if Mel Gibson "hissed" something at Jodie Foster ala Multiple Migs...

You can see digitally remastered episodes of The Rockford Files M - F at 8:00 pm on GetTV.  Don't know if Spectrum carries it, but Dish does. I get my TV via antenna. 

• Like 1