The Edge | 32-Story Mixed Use + SunRail Station [Proposed/Demo Underway]

HankStrong

• 5 months later...
16 hours ago, F-L-A said:

I would be willing to bet the building gets demolished and then the lot sits empty for years. Very Orlando. 

48 minutes ago, HankStrong said:

On this job, I think you are very wrong.

I mean historically, he's got a point.  Just look across I-4 for the most blatant example.  I hope @F-L-A is wrong, and I'm sure they are too.  Just hard to get past the cynical nature of this sort of thing.  Heck to get Society half built, we needed to watch the lot to the NE of it get completely leveled.  So we've traded the Bell South and Society buildings for the two abandoned blocks at the Sentinel.  Hopefully, this building, and the buildings west of the courthouse jumpstart something that gets the Magic Block and the Sentinel Block going again.

• Like 4

18 hours ago, dcluley98 said:

Everything I heard it is a go this year. Partially leased and CM on board, going through preconstruction/pricing. 

does this break ground first, or, does Brightline Orlando Station open first?  And by break ground I mean pilings...

4 hours ago, IAmFloridaBorn said:

Did you not like the last design? 

I weirdly liked all of them haha

Out of all the designs and redesigns, I like the last one best. I hope they keep it, but if not, I hope any changes make it look slimmer and taller. 

Some of those early designs looked downright pudgy. 

Yeah, I like this design a lot.  I think it makes the Phase I building look a lot less out of place as well. Kind of ties it together as a signature building now.  Also pretty cool that they tied into the old church street facade/Cheyenne Saloon and Food hall with an urban courtyard and the station. 

Here is a cool brochure of Lincoln for marketing purposes that shows a lot of detail: 

https://media-cloud-lpc2.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/2020/05/The-Edge-Brochure-7.12.22-reduced.pdf

I don't think this breaks ground before the Brightline station opens.  They still have to do GMPs/bidding, site demo and underground work to get ready for pilings/vertical. Everything I had heard was later this year for vertical. We may see the demo/clearing start well ahead of that though while they are finalizing design and GMP of the tower. 

• Like 4

On 2/7/2023 at 11:17 AM, JFW657 said:

I'll be interested to see if it gets redesigned yet again before the first piece of heavy equipment ever shows up.  

They will cut the height by 8 stories and widen the base and add a visor. 

On 2/7/2023 at 4:18 PM, dcluley98 said:

Yeah, I like this design a lot.  I think it makes the Phase I building look a lot less out of place as well. Kind of ties it together as a signature building now.  Also pretty cool that they tied into the old church street facade/Cheyenne Saloon and Food hall with an urban courtyard and the station. 

Here is a cool brochure of Lincoln for marketing purposes that shows a lot of detail: 

https://media-cloud-lpc2.s3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com/2020/05/The-Edge-Brochure-7.12.22-reduced.pdf

I don't think this breaks ground before the Brightline station opens.  They still have to do GMPs/bidding, site demo and underground work to get ready for pilings/vertical. Everything I had heard was later this year for vertical. We may see the demo/clearing start well ahead of that though while they are finalizing design and GMP of the tower. 

Later this year;  I heard that last year.  😀