Church Street Plaza | 32-Story Hotel/Apt & Re-work of Former CSS Retail/Event Space [Phases 2/3 Planning Phase]

HankStrong

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

No official timetable. It’s probably going to be in purgatory before it disappears altogether.

1 hour ago, Uncommon said:

No official timetable. It’s probably going to be in purgatory before it disappears altogether.

Due to the pan-panic ?

Yeah, I'm in the "hope it never happens" camp.

At least not as designed.

I would like to see a tower there, but I'd rather see something that incorporates some of the design elements of phase 1.

The proposed design just looks like it's just trying too hard. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I would like to see a tower there, but I'd rather see something that incorporates some of the design elements of phase 1.

Maybe they’ll let Mary be.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uncommon said:

Is phase one fully leased? I wouldn't want to have a large portfolio of office buildings. 

On 5/15/2020 at 10:52 AM, JFW657 said:

I'm still bent out of shape that the garage isn't shared with Phase I.  If the two phases were supposed to incorporate one Sunrail station, they could have done the same for the garage.   Waste or space to have those ramps.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, codypet said:

I'm still bent out of shape that the garage isn't shared with Phase I.  If the two phases were supposed to incorporate one Sunrail station, they could have done the same for the garage.   Waste or space to have those ramps.

I'm just guessing here, but from the appearance of the portion enclosed in the yellow box....

chustreplagarage.jpg

....it looks like they might be planning on a future tie-in.  

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I'm just guessing here, but from the appearance of the portion enclosed in the yellow box....

chustreplagarage.jpg

....it looks like they might be planning on a future tie-in.  

That was my initial impression of Phase 1 too, but Pages 13 &14 of the document below now lead me to believe otherwise or that they changed their mind.

https://orlando.novusagenda.com/AgendaWeb/AttachmentViewer.ashx?AttachmentID=88733&ItemID=49208

Edited by codypet

1 hour ago, codypet said:

That was my initial impression of Phase 1 too, but Pages 13 &14 of the document below now lead me to believe otherwise or that they changed their mind.

https://orlando.novusagenda.com/AgendaWeb/AttachmentViewer.ashx?AttachmentID=88733&ItemID=49208

Page 22 - the elevation - shows that the facing garage would be without a facade.  I wonder if there is something about the nature of bridging two buildings that would make it move through the permitting process in an advantageous way if they build the buildings separately, and then connect at a later date, or as a change to the plans. 

6 minutes ago, smileguy said:

Page 22 - the elevation - shows that the facing garage would be without a facade.  I wonder if there is something about the nature of bridging two buildings that would make it move through the permitting process in an advantageous way if they build the buildings separately, and then connect at a later date, or as a change to the plans. 

I noticed that about the South Elevation as well.

That one portion seems to line up with the "unfinished" portion of the north wall of phase one.

OTOH, the floor plans appear to indicate the presence of a wall dividing the two garages though.

Good possibility anyway.

Seems like it would make sense to tie them together unless they are worried about too much crossover traffic.

1 hour ago, codypet said:

Hmmm you're right about the elevation, but then, why have the ramp in Phase 2 at all as shown on sheets 13-15?  Wouldn't be the first time the floorplan doesn't match an elevation though.

The western area of the garage is flat so they could connect. It reminds me of the garage in lake nona that was built in phases. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
2 minutes ago, spenser1058 said:

I’ll defer to others on that. I’m not a fan of what they’ve been up to so I haven’t been keeping up with it.

I believe Phase 3 was the food hall. I’d imagine they still move forward with that, but not until post pandemic. There’s no foot traffic at all down there right now. 

• Thanks 1