The Edge | 32-Story Mixed Use + SunRail Station [Proposed/Demo Underway]

HankStrong

9 hours ago, nite owℓ said:

Isn't downtown a quiet zone now or does that only apply to freight (and not passenger)?

I believe it is from AdventHealth to Michigan, but that doesn't mean the can't blow the horn if someone does something stupid at the crossings.  Which at Chruch St. is virtually every time a train goes by.

• bic changed the title to The Edge | 32-Story Mixed Use + SunRail Station [Proposed/Demo Underway]

Yeah, the are tying the two together well on the GF, including the planned SunRail station. The footprint of the building is actually an asymmetrical trapezoidal shape, with that west facing curtain-wall facing I-4 and the Amway Center kicked out on the NW corner point. So coming in on I-4 it will have an effect where the building progressively flows toward I-4.  Should be really cool coming through town on I-4. 

Edited by dcluley98
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Tim3167 said:

Here is what I think may be a slightly different rendering perspectiv. Really looks like a single complex here.

IMG_0335.jpeg

I think in that particular rendering the two buildings appear more like a single complex than they will when completed, because they are both depicted as being the same color. I think the colors on the new building will more closely resemble that rendering while of course, the existing one as we all know, is blue. 

Not saying they won't tie in together nicely, just that the rendering might be slightly misleading in that regard.  

2 hours ago, JFW657 said:

I think in that particular rendering the two buildings appear more like a single complex than they will when completed, because they are both depicted as being the same color. I think the colors on the new building will more closely resemble that rendering while of course, the existing one as we all know, is blue. 

Not saying they won't tie in together nicely, just that the rendering might be slightly misleading in that regard.  

They are both renderings of a glass curtain-wall system with transparency applied on the render to see structural components/floors behind it. In reality, it is blue because of the opacity of the chosen glazing in the real world.  If they use the same glazing material in the real world, which is highly likely to use the same sub and same material spec, then they will both look blue. 

1 hour ago, dcluley98 said:

They are both renderings of a glass curtain-wall system with transparency applied on the render to see structural components/floors behind it. In reality, it is blue because of the opacity of the chosen glazing in the real world.  If they use the same glazing material in the real world, which is highly likely to use the same sub and same material spec, then they will both look blue. 

I wouldn't mind that a bit, but all the other earlier renderings show The Edge as being a non-blue color.  Whatevs.  :thumbsup: 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I've got close friends involved in Sunrail and not a peep has been made about the logistics of this supposed Sunrail station being built into this building.  I'd figured by now I'd have heard discussions about how to get the platforms together, where the ticket booths are going, how preemption is happening for the Garland and Boone Signals, what to do with the old Sunrail station once it closes etc.  Anyone know if that's being discussed?

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, codypet said:

So I've got close friends involved in Sunrail and not a peep has been made about the logistics of this supposed Sunrail station being built into this building.  I'd figured by now I'd have heard discussions about how to get the platforms together, where the ticket booths are going, how preemption is happening for the Garland and Boone Signals, what to do with the old Sunrail station once it closes etc.  Anyone know if that's being discussed?

crickets.  I assume they will dismantle the platform canopy and repurpose it at a future station.  too bad the timing doesn't coincide with DeLand Station.

1 hour ago, jrs2 said:

crickets.  I assume they will dismantle the platform canopy and repurpose it at a future station.  too bad the timing doesn't coincide with DeLand Station.

The Deland Canopy is also going with its own unique aesthetic to match the Historic Amtrak Station so even if timing worked out, it wouldn't have mattered.  That said, it might work for a transfer station between SLR and Meadow Woods to the airport if they're inclined to move forward on that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, codypet said:

The Deland Canopy is also going with its own unique aesthetic to match the Historic Amtrak Station so even if timing worked out, it wouldn't have mattered.  That said, it might work for a transfer station between SLR and Meadow Woods to the airport if they're inclined to move forward on that.

forgot about that.   Also, the DeLand station platform will be in the middle of two tracks, so the structure will differ to be able to do that.