Brier Creek Developments

rolly

here is from the TBJ on that hotel from earlier in the year.

""CMC Hotels will soon begin construction on its new Westin hotel at Brier Creek -- a full service, $55 million hotel featuring 233 rooms, 8,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space and 6,000 square feet of retail located at 3931 Macaw St. at Brier Creek Commons.   The Westin is expected to open in mid-2021.""

I will snap a photo of the site when I am in town next month as I am going to the Angus Barn.  

• Like 4

not really a development but since the Angus Barn is so close to this area I will put this here.  The ONLY NC restaurant to appear on this list.

Do you know the nation’s 15th largest independent restaurant is in Raleigh?

In fact, this restaurant, in terms of gross annual revenue, is the only North Carolina restaurant to crack the top 100 in the country.

That’s according to the latest report by Restaurant Business.

The place is Angus Barn. The Raleigh landmark is grossed more than $22 million in revenue in 2018 with an estimated average check of $72. And it served nearly 314,000 meals last year. Impressive stuff!

Joes’s Stone Crab in Miami Beach, Florida, was the highest-grossing independent restaurant in the country with more than $38 million in revenue with the average check about $87.

New York is home to six on the list's Top 10, headed by Carmine's in Times Square, which ranked No. 2 overall. The Boathouse in Orlando's Disney Springs rounded out the top 3.

from the TBJ 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, rancenc said:

Worlds largest raquet ball complex coming to the Brier Creek development.

https://abc11.com/brier-creek-raleigh-racquet-complex-the-swing-tennis/6525388/

"According to the United States Tennis Association, the Triangle is the fourth most active tennis community in the country, so the chances seem good."

I would have never guessed...

• Thanks 1

On 9/24/2020 at 7:45 PM, rancenc said:

Worlds largest raquet ball complex coming to the Brier Creek development.

https://abc11.com/brier-creek-raleigh-racquet-complex-the-swing-tennis/6525388/

Slight clarification, the article says it would be the largest "multi-raquet sport complex" in the world,  i.e. numerous raquet sports like tennis, pickle ball,  panel, etc. Not racquetball the specific game which is played inside.

Very exciting project. I've had my eye on this for a while and am glad it is moving forward. It was originally announced as tennis complex and keeps diversifying with more focus on other raquet/paddle sports.

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I am well aware Blue Ridge Road across from the Art Museum is not really Brier Creek but I did not see a West Raleigh thread.  10 story office building planned for NC DHHS is planned as a consolidated from Dorthea Dix property.

""The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has unveiled plans for its new headquarters tower in Raleigh – and the corner of the Blue Ridge and Reedy Creek roads is set for some big changes.  The plans call for a 10-story office tower with accompanying parking deck and a total of 480,920 square feet of office space.   The property is situated on 34 acres of state-owned land at 3905 Reedy Creek Road across Blue Ridge Road from the North Carolina Museum of Art.""

State plans 10-story Raleigh headquarters for NCDHHS - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

I sure wish the state would build a 20 story building or so downtown but I guess it is cheaper to build here.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, KJHburg said:

I am well aware Blue Ridge Road across from the Art Museum is not really Brier Creek but I did not see a West Raleigh thread.  10 story office building planned for NC DHHS is planned as a consolidated from Dorthea Dix property.

""The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services has unveiled plans for its new headquarters tower in Raleigh – and the corner of the Blue Ridge and Reedy Creek roads is set for some big changes.  The plans call for a 10-story office tower with accompanying parking deck and a total of 480,920 square feet of office space.   The property is situated on 34 acres of state-owned land at 3905 Reedy Creek Road across Blue Ridge Road from the North Carolina Museum of Art.""

State plans 10-story Raleigh headquarters for NCDHHS - Triangle Business Journal (bizjournals.com)

I sure wish the state would build a 20 story building or so downtown but I guess it is cheaper to build here.

I mean you can make new threads.  Brier Creek is just way off from the Blue Ridge / Wade Corridor.  I'd argue that the Art Museum is more Central than West regardless.

Probably a thread titled "Blue Ridge and Wade Avenue Corridor" as there's not really a good name for that area, but is going to be heavily changing in the next decade, especially when Bandwidth drops their new building.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 12/1/2021 at 6:52 PM, KJHburg said:

I feel this Westin at Brier Creek has been slow to complete but of course I dont blame them but it is coming along.  And a nearby famous restaurant.  Sorry I am a sucker for a steak in a barn like this. 

IMG_6087.JPG

IMG_6088.JPG

IMG_6089.JPG

IMG_6090.JPG

IMG_6091.JPG

IMG_6092.JPG

IMG_6093.JPG

IMG_6098.JPG

IMG_6103.JPG

Seriously!  The Empire State Building only took 13 months for God's sake!

• Like 1

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

new Westin hotel still under construction but it looks closer to completion and new apartments across the street from it in Brier Creek behind the shopping center.   some close up and some from afar of the new hotel.   Name up on the top of the hotel now.  

IMG_5845.JPG

IMG_5852.JPG

IMG_5853.JPG

IMG_5864.JPG

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 4

• 4 months later...

finally the first Westin in the Triangle will be opening at Brier Creek.

from the Biz Journal:

""An upscale hotel brand is opening its first Triangle location – two years late.

The Westin Raleigh-Durham Airport is scheduled to open in April in Brier Creek. The new hotel features 236 rooms and suites, a rooftop pool and a full-service restaurant.

A local hotel developer and operator, CMC Hotels, is behind the new property. The Westin location was first announced in 2019, with plans to open in mid-2021. But the Covid-19 pandemic derailed those plans.

CMC Hotels could not be reached for this story.

Original plans called the hotel a $55 million project, but inflation, other pandemic-related costs and the two extra years tacked on to the timeline likely pushed the cost up. Those plans called for 8,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space and 6,000 square feet of retail.

The hotel is located at 3931 Macaw St. at Brier Creek Commons.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/03/19/new-westin-hotel-raleigh-rdu-opening-soon.html

• Like 3

13 hours ago, KJHburg said:

finally the first Westin in the Triangle will be opening at Brier Creek.

from the Biz Journal:

""An upscale hotel brand is opening its first Triangle location – two years late.

The Westin Raleigh-Durham Airport is scheduled to open in April in Brier Creek. The new hotel features 236 rooms and suites, a rooftop pool and a full-service restaurant.

A local hotel developer and operator, CMC Hotels, is behind the new property. The Westin location was first announced in 2019, with plans to open in mid-2021. But the Covid-19 pandemic derailed those plans.

CMC Hotels could not be reached for this story.

Original plans called the hotel a $55 million project, but inflation, other pandemic-related costs and the two extra years tacked on to the timeline likely pushed the cost up. Those plans called for 8,000 square feet of meeting and banquet space and 6,000 square feet of retail.

The hotel is located at 3931 Macaw St. at Brier Creek Commons.""

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/03/19/new-westin-hotel-raleigh-rdu-opening-soon.html

Seems like this hotel was being developed for a decade or longer. Glad it's finally opening.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this is big news for Swing and Raleigh in general.  This sounds like a good relocation too for Raleigh with Wilson Sports. 

""The sheer size of the Swing Racquet + Paddle campus in Raleigh (45 acres) and the investment ($80 million) deployed to bring it to life is impressive, but the involvement of Wilson Sporting Goods might lend more gravitas to the project than anything else.

Wilson, long synonymous with tennis equipment, inked a long-term partnership with Swing earlier this year. Wilson will move a portion of its corporate staff from Chicago to the Swing campus in Brier Creek, while also standing up a research and development lab, a stringing bar – where Swing guests can get rackets restrung by pros – and a retail space that will feature apparel from the direct-to-consumer apparel business Wilson launched two years ago, the company’s first such store located outside of Chicago, Los Angeles or New York.

It will be a terrific integration platform for Wilson, and to have one of the premier racket good technology companies in the world choose to make their innovation HQ at Swing’s flagship is tremendous,” said Octagon founder and President Phil de Picciotto, who has invested in Swing and helped the company make connections in the tennis world. “It adds another layer of uniqueness and seriousness, even beyond the players’ side. It’s a destination for the future and further development of the sport.”""

https://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/news/2023/06/27/wilson-to-move-racket-innovation-hub-to-raleigh.html

https://swingnc.com/

Edited by KJHburg
  • Like 3