Sign in to follow this  
rolly

Crabtree Valley Mall area projects

5 Story Apartment Complex

Plans have been submitted for a 350,000-square-foot apartment project near the Crabtree Valley Mall.

• 5-story, 230-unit apartment complex featuring 356,822 square feet
  • 4-story parking deck.
  • a future phase with 15,000 square feet of retail and restaurant space. 

CM.png

• Like 3

On 12/4/2019 at 2:18 PM, KJHburg said:

Drive by photos today of the new Crabtree Terrace building across from the mall.  I see it is elevated to prevent flooding too.

https://ewp-nc.com/project/crabtree-terrace/

IMG_8461.JPG

IMG_8462.JPG

IMG_8463.JPG

IMG_8464.JPG

Thanks for the photos. This is arguably the worst development project we've seen in, oh, 20 years in the area. They built a short, ho-hum building in the floodplane with a tall ugly parking garage right up on Glenwood ave. The result, a building that has no marquis frontage, makes no visual statement about it's surroundings, has poor views from inside, and requires its employees to navigate up and down a parking garage, then navigate up into the building to reach their destination. Putting this building on top of the parking garage would have better protected it from floods and been much easier to use. I have some patients who have already complained about how cheap the Allscripts building in North Hills feels due to having to use a separate parking garage next door., This is truly a lost opportunity for the Crabtree area.

Edited by dmccall
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, dmccall said:

Thanks for the photos. This is arguably the worst development project we've seen in, oh, 20 years in the area. They built a short, ho-hum building in the floodplane with a taller ugly parking garage right up on Glenwood ave. The result, a building that has no marquis frontage, makes no visual statement about it's surroundings, has poor views from inside, and requires its employees to navigate up and down a parking garage, then navigate up into the building to reach their destination. Putting this building on top of the parking garage would have better protected it from floods and been much easier to use. I have some patients who have already complained about how cheap the Allscripts building in North Hills feels due to having to use a separate parking garage next door., This is truly a lost opportunity for the Crabtree area.

Yeah I tend to agree.  That Crabtree building is boring, drab, and really contributes nothing stimulating to the area it's in.

It should have definitely been built on top of the parking deck. Would have been prominent as hell.  It looks cool, but it's kind of hidden due to being snugged in that spot. 

But... it does add the highest density office space in metro Crabtree Valley.  Certainly overall a nice addition to the Raleigh tax base, despite how much more awesome it could have been. 

• Like 4

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this