Jump to content

BEER 2.0


Pattmost20

Recommended Posts


  • 2 months later...

I've been driving by Creston Brewery the last couple of months wondering when it was going to open, then I read this article that said it's been open since October. Am I nuts, or does it always look like it's closed? I did the same thing with Harmony Hall on Bridge. Thought it was a shame that it had closed down during Covid and never opened back up. Then got online and realized that they were open. Bad hours? Bad lighting? No open sign? Am I the only one that thought these places were still closed. 

https://revuewm.com/food-drink/libations/item/5117-creston-brewery-returns

Joe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, GRDadof3 said:

That's kind of a nice spot up on that hill, but exposure was tough. It was rarely busy the times I went there, which was just after covid lockdown that I went and sat outside. 

That stinks. I hope the wealthy street location is doing well. 

Joe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was scary trying to cross West River at the 131 ramp when on the White Pine trail and trying to detour to Elk Brewing.  If it were adjacent to the trail like Rockford, maybe it would have done a lil better? Maybe.  Beer was/is just average which makes it great for a neighborhood watering hole, but not a destination.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


the microbrew scene certainly taking a step backwards the past year or two, sad to see both Founders and Bell's sell out, several closings and even Perrin in the news as it was part of a collective that was still considered a local microbrewering now selling out to....Monster Energy Drinks https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2022/01/perrin-brewing-co-parent-company-sold-to-monster-beverage.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Added competition in that area including Archival, 3rd Nature, and Bier Distillery with a frequently rotating beer selection.

6 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

It was scary trying to cross West River at the 131 ramp when on the White Pine trail and trying to detour to Elk Brewing.  If it were adjacent to the trail like Rockford, maybe it would have done a lil better? Maybe.  Beer was/is just average which makes it great for a neighborhood watering hole, but not a destination.

They had a great Raspberry Porter they could never keep in stock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, GR8scott said:

the microbrew scene certainly taking a step backwards the past year or two, sad to see both Founders and Bell's sell out, several closings and even Perrin in the news as it was part of a collective that was still considered a local microbrewering now selling out to....Monster Energy Drinks https://www.mlive.com/news/grand-rapids/2022/01/perrin-brewing-co-parent-company-sold-to-monster-beverage.html

I think so. Changing tastes. I know quite a few guys who used to drink a lot of craft beer who have cut way back lately. Especially after they put on 30, 40, 50 lbs.  I know a lot more bourbon drinkers now I think than beer drinkers (although I am over 50 lol). 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2022 at 7:07 PM, grandrollerz said:

I couldn't be more disappointed at Founders not releasing its NA beer. I had it at Founders fest in...2019?  It was great!  I even have the perfect name for it!  All Day NA Day  (all day..any day..:tw_tounge_wink:).

Cmon Founders, pull it together already!

Mike Stevens is retiring I read. Not sure who's left from the old crew. Is Dave Engbers still there? Or John Green? Or did all of those guys cash out? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

Mike Stevens is retiring I read. Not sure who's left from the old crew. Is Dave Engbers still there? Or John Green? Or did all of those guys cash out? 

Dave Engbers is still on board but I'm not sure about John Green. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


  • 3 months later...

Just a shout out here to Blue Dog Tavern for doing a great job of offering NA beer that's not odouls.  West Side Social had one Athletic Brewing offering when i was there last, so nice to see it coming along!

Side Note: I tried to order NA beer online from Athletic Brewing and apparently they can't ship to Michigan.  Turns out you can't ship "beer" into Michigan.  Unfortunately, the MLCC 436.1105-8 defines beer as: 

Quote

"Beer" means a beverage obtained by alcoholic fermentation of an infusion or decoction of barley, malt, hops, sugar, or other cereal in potable water

...which is technically true for NA beer.  Seems like it could/should be updated to say "...containing more than 0.5% ABV" .

 

 

Screen Shot 2022-05-22 at 10.29.20 AM.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, grandrollerz said:

Side Note: I tried to order NA beer online from Athletic Brewing and apparently they can't ship to Michigan.  Turns out you can't ship "beer" into Michigan. 

I believe Martha’s carries it if you wanted to buy it locally.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.