Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

markhollin

1 minute ago, titanhog said:

I can't imagine less than 2 towers...and maybe 3?

Looking at the sites shape, I’d think that office would front 8th in the section of the lot that is rectangular to keep floor plates rectangular, and then a residential tower would be in the irregular shaped portion of the lot fronting the roundabout/Lafayette. Interested to see how this is laid out! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, downtownresident said:

Looking at the sites shape, I’d think that office would front 8th in the section of the lot that is rectangular to keep floor plates rectangular, and then a residential tower would be in the irregular shaped portion of the lot fronting the roundabout/Lafayette. Interested to see how this is laid out! 

What's the largest building downtown...sq footage-wise?  Wondering what a 1,000,000 sq ft office tower would look like.

Edited by titanhog

4 minutes ago, satalac said:

One World Trade Center is 3.5 million sq ft. So imagine something smaller, about 2.5 million sq ft smaller.

Steinway Tower in New York City is less than 320,000 sq. ft., so there's still hope for a 1,000 footer here. :):):):)

Though, one is residential and the other is office. :(:(:(:(

Edited by OnePointEast
Office vs residential

4 hours ago, Craiger said:

The circle is going to have such a different, more urban, feel to it after this and whatever happens at One KVB.

One KVB is dead and the group has not made a decision regarding the future. That is the last I heard, a few months ago 

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, PaulChinetti said:

1 million square feet is hard to visualize, how many sq ft is the convention center?

What I find harder to visualize is a tenant that would need that amount of space coming out of the blue ( Oracle not included) The reduction in height to One22One, Gulch Union built on spec, One City, Broadwest,River North, Capitol View, Nashville Yards etc..  Just makes me wonder.  Can't wait to here more about this project. 

• Like 1

Here is the link to the article Smeags mentioned that is behind the paywall at the Nashville Post. The only fresh info is this:

Lincoln will still need to acquire three other parcels, with the main property needed at 514 8th Ave. South The document also lists Colliers International as having future involvement (likely leasing the office space).

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21104411/massive-mixeduse-project-eyed-for-sobro

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1