markhollin

Circle South, 30 story/418'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 34 story/330'/500 residential tower; 15,000 sq. ft. of retail, 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

1 minute ago, TheRaglander said:

I wonder if they're waiting for a big announcement until they can wrap up some kind of deal with a tenant...  then they can announce it all at once?  

That would definitely be amazing! This project would just enhance the skyline coming from I-65 S.

• Like 2

I immediately thought of Bridgestone's more adventurous kid sister as well. She's not a regular office building. She's a cool office building. 

It will really feel like it's time to dramatically improve Stix and the roundabout after this is build. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downtownresident said:

I’ve been hunting for documents for this one for a while, and was ecstatic when I found the original blurry render. Hope this one gets built!

You are the man. Always finding information no one else finds!

• Like 3

Am I the only one that doesn't like it?  Wish it had a little more... something... at the top instead of a retangle.

Don't be too hard on me, I'll certainly take it over the  grass that is there now!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

Am I the only one that doesn't like it?  Wish it had a little more... something... at the top instead of a retangle.

Don't be too hard on me, I'll certainly take it over the  grass that is there now!

I love it...but I can't imagine it actually getting built in Nashville.  We never get something this cool. 

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By markhollin
      Brentwood-based GBT Realty wants to build a two tower (one that could go as high as 20 stories tall) complex near the intersection of West End Ave., Murphy Road, and I-440. To be called 3415 Murphy, it will include 250,000 sq. ft. of Class A office space, 175 hotel rooms, 30,000 sq. ft. of restaurant/retail, and a parking garage on the 1.5 acre site at 3415-3419 Murphy Rd.  The retail/restaurant space would front Murphy Rd., and the hotel/office towers would be toward the back of the lot, along I-440. 

No renderings as of yet, other than the schematic layout below. Project cost and financing are not clear yet.  Proposed completion date is 2022. Metro Planning Commission is scheduled to review the plan Aug. 9.  The commission's votes are non-binding on Metro Council, where 3 majority votes must occur in order for a requested zoning change to become law.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/29/developer-tees-up-office-space-hotel-to-overhaul.html?ana=e_mc_prem&s=newsletter&ed=2018-06-29&u=blTR7Dj233GiBQ74JyYK0Q09b4ecfd&t=1530277677&j=82434901

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2018/06/25/20-story-project-looms-for-site-off-west-end-i-440.html

• By markhollin
      Lincoln Financial os proposing a significant project the 1 acre site at 4012 Hillsboro Pike:

-  Appears to be 15 stories (maximum allowed in zoning for that area)
      - 300 residential units, 50 hotel rooms, 36,000 sq. ft. office space, restaurant space
      - Gresham Group and Catalyst Design are involved in design
      - There are 4 small retailers on the site at this time that will be moving.
      - This is immediately to the south of the 19 story Vertis Green Hills.
      - No renderings as of yet.

More behind the NBJ paywall here:

https://www.bizjournals.com/nashville/news/2020/01/16/dallas-developer-aims-for-new-tower-in-green-hills.html

And behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/21109667/green-hills-site-seemingly-eyed-for-redevelopment

• By markhollin
      Renderings finally released for this Marriott brand extended-stay property for Towneplace Suites at 306 Gay St. (NW corner of Gay and 3rd Ave. North).  Will have 156 suites, and it appears the main entrance will face Gay Street.  A rooftop amenities deck is also featured.  The team will go before Metro Planning Code Design Review Committee on March 1, 2018.  

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/article/20991926/images-released-for-marriott-hotel-eyed-for-downtown

Overall, I think this is a handsome design.

Here's the uniquely shaped lot this will be built on.  The long portion will be facing Gay Street, featuring street activation.  Also remember that the same developer purchased the octagon-shaped building immediately to the left. Something taller (8-12 stories) could end up there.  

This is the current building that will come down:

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.