markhollin

Circle South, 30 story/418'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 34 story/330'/500 residential tower; 15,000 sq. ft. of retail, 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

Proposed improvements to the Lafayette and Peabody intersection. All the work appears to be north of Lafayette, so @LA_TN is probably right in that Metro would not require monies for this improvement. The turning angle is still awkward coming from Lafayette southbound and the lack of crosswalk across Peabody is discouraging, but it this appear schematic, and thrown out there for thought.

image.thumb.png.69c92042f96fe568b7ff070aaf79955e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

If there were ever an intersection in need of a roundabout, this would be it.  Is it just too close to the other roundabout to be an option?

2 hours ago, BnaBreaker said:

If there were ever an intersection in need of a roundabout, this would be it.  Is it just too close to the other roundabout to be an option?

Roundabouts can be right next to each other.  Whether that's too much for Nashville drivers might be the better question.

s31b.jpg

https://safety.fhwa.dot.gov/intersection/innovative/roundabouts/presentations/safety_aspects/long.cfm

I like this one in Napa CA.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

They did a 'traffic calming' makeover of a main drag in Raleigh. Includes several roundies, including this 'double':

DoubleRoundaboutRaleigh.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Multiples of those probably aren't a great solution for a dense urban area since when they get too complex it's kind of like plopping a miniature highway interchange into the middle of a neighborhood... but I am a big believer in roundabouts as a traffic control solution, so I'd love to see Nashville build more of them, and perhaps even some of these double beasts a bit further out!

• Like 2

Both of those posts show good solutions for moving cars. But the lack of pedestrian mobility is a very large concern. The KVB traffic circle does a good job having crossings at every road entry into it and I would hope that any proposal of major overhaul - such as adding a traffic circle - would include the same

• Like 1

On 4/20/2020 at 12:25 PM, PruneTracy said:

An inclined building with a square design is not that different structurally than a regular building. They're just inefficient.

There are some more examples here, though some might make you shed tears for Nashville's skyline:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inclined_building

I was just reading back over this, and clicked on that link... if Wikipedia is correct (which, mind you, isn’t necessarily that likely), this would be the 6th tallest inclined building in the world?

Edited by PianoKing03
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.