Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

markhollin

1 hour ago, subkyle said:

Sounds like a great time to take you for drinks. I’m sure a couple whisky drinks would get you talking 

Ply him Subkyle, ply him!!!!  It's been a couple weeks since any big announcement.  I'm spoiled and ready!  Of course, I'd be happy if we just got started (in earnest) with a couple that are proposed/approved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • markhollin changed the title to Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South
1 hour ago, TheSound said:

Love this.  I only wish they could've added something addressing the roundabout with a curve.  Tony G's building is fully curved and even the Ritz looks like they're doing a 3 story curvature aspect.  The MCC is curved at the roundabout also, so Circle South will be the only one that's not.  Oh well, still a great building.  Also, it looks like the brochure lists the height as 443 feet.

Is that 443 ft including the underground parking? If so then it won’t look as tall as 443 ft. 

1 hour ago, TheSound said:

Love this.  I only wish they could've added something addressing the roundabout with a curve.  Tony G's building is fully curved and even the Ritz looks like they're doing a 3 story curvature aspect.  The MCC is curved at the roundabout also, so Circle South will be the only one that's not.  Oh well, still a great building.  Also, it looks like the brochure lists the height as 443 feet.

Office tenants care about efficiency for their businesses, and curved office floors, while cool, usually don't work.

I do think that the Ritz Carlton will block some great views of Batman Building and Sobro, but parts of CBD will still be visible. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, downtownresident said:

The grading plans for the office tower were approved yesterday. Looks like we are losing the sidewalks along Lafayette/8th Ave S during construction, but keeping the sidewalk along the roundabout. 

Document is here: https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=626292

Ugh I’ll need to slightly adjust my running route 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1