Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

*Circle South having to cancel their plans for Nashville's new tallest altogether after seeing somebody on the Nashville UrbanPlanet shared their sewage permits*

We finally have renderings for this massive project.  Only one shows the residential tower (looks to be 34 stories, about 330'), but the bulk of what has been released today is regarding the 30 story,

Well, yes, sort of.  But the editors must be on furlough or did not awake from their slumber long enough to detect this typo in a headline today on page 8A.    

Posted Images

1 hour ago, subkyle said:

Sounds like a great time to take you for drinks. I’m sure a couple whisky drinks would get you talking 

Ply him Subkyle, ply him!!!!  It's been a couple weeks since any big announcement.  I'm spoiled and ready!  Of course, I'd be happy if we just got started (in earnest) with a couple that are proposed/approved.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

• markhollin changed the title to Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South
1 hour ago, TheSound said:

Love this.  I only wish they could've added something addressing the roundabout with a curve.  Tony G's building is fully curved and even the Ritz looks like they're doing a 3 story curvature aspect.  The MCC is curved at the roundabout also, so Circle South will be the only one that's not.  Oh well, still a great building.  Also, it looks like the brochure lists the height as 443 feet.

Is that 443 ft including the underground parking? If so then it won’t look as tall as 443 ft. 

1 hour ago, TheSound said:

Love this.  I only wish they could've added something addressing the roundabout with a curve.  Tony G's building is fully curved and even the Ritz looks like they're doing a 3 story curvature aspect.  The MCC is curved at the roundabout also, so Circle South will be the only one that's not.  Oh well, still a great building.  Also, it looks like the brochure lists the height as 443 feet.

Office tenants care about efficiency for their businesses, and curved office floors, while cool, usually don't work.

I do think that the Ritz Carlton will block some great views of Batman Building and Sobro, but parts of CBD will still be visible. 

• Like 3

The 443” would be about right with what the have listed as floor 10 is 125’ above grade and seems to be about 20’, so that means that floors 1-9 would be 125’ and floors 11-30 would be 292’ if they have a 14.6’ slab to slab height.

So floor 10 is more like 25’.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, nashvylle said:

Office tenants care about efficiency for their businesses, and curved office floors, while cool, usually don't work.

I do think that the Ritz Carlton will block some great views of Batman Building and Sobro, but parts of CBD will still be visible. 

Know most of the renderings have been from the circle side, but I can't wait to see what this + the Ritz looks like driving up Lafayette.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, smeagolsfree said:

The 443” would be about right with what the have listed as floor 10 is 125’ above grade and seems to be about 20’, so that means that floors 1-9 would be 125’ and floors 11-30 would be 292’ if they have a 14.6’ slab to slab height.

So 443’ official height for this project off documentation we have so far? I will update tube Wikipedia if so 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Stephen Colbert Calculator GIF by The Late Show With Stephen Colbert