Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

markhollin

On 9/25/2021 at 10:09 AM, downtownresident said:

The grading plans for the office tower were approved yesterday. Looks like we are losing the sidewalks along Lafayette/8th Ave S during construction, but keeping the sidewalk along the roundabout. 

Document is here: https://epermits.nashville.gov/download.aspx?id=626292

African American Fall GIF by Identity

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/25/2021 at 12:58 PM, smeagolsfree said:

Lots of water and sewer work has to be done for this project along 8th. A major sewer project is about to start, FYI.

Oh really? OK, that makes sense. 

How much time do you think it will take the city to complete their upgrade part before construction can start on this project and the Ritz-Carlton? If it takes longer than a year, I imagine these projects could be in jeopardy of not being built right now....?

• Like 1

Granted I know zero about construction, my question is given the multiple year buildout timetables of these circle projects, why would they have to wait for the sewer work to be completed?  Why can't the work all happen concurrently?  Again, be kind as I'm quite ignorant to any and all things construction.

• Like 1