Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

markhollin

3 hours ago, natethegreat said:

As an amateur, what do these “bids” mean in this context?

Some of them not too much, but others a lot. Some of these bids are taken from news articles and the timing on those are pretty evident. But when you have an old project like this one with specifics such as construction docs and design development that is a little more specific.

There were others I passed along to WW that we will be investigating that were not news items such as individual Metro schools worth over 1 billion a 4th story addition to Lentz center and some others. The Legislative square in front of the Capital was not a surprise to me as I saw the bid released here about a year ago. There is also one for the State Museum for a 30-million-dollar storage facility. This biding service is pretty reliable.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, thenorthchannel said:

Sewer work continues.  From 805 Lea.

Seeing all of those sewer pipes stacked up in the photo makes me think this is going to be a few months at least!  What I'm really concerned about is what's happening with the economy and I'd sure feel better if a few more of these projects got started!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MontanaGuy said:

Seeing all of those sewer pipes stacked up in the photo makes me think this is going to be a few months at least!  What I'm really concerned about is what's happening with the economy and I'd sure feel better if a few more of these projects got started!

There is actual sewer work going on at the property itself. I walked by last Sunday and there must not have been any kind of infrastructure work for the property available.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, jjbradleyBrooklyn said:

Yeah, agreed--it appears that way from an outsiders point of view on my end, too. I'd say Q4 2022 at the earliest, and probably Q1-Q2 of 2023 for there to be "shovels in the ground," based on what I've read here and heard. 

Once all of these projects get going in this roundabout area though, there will be 6-8 cranes there. 

I do think of every city in the US to weather a recession if it arrives, Nashville will be the best to come out just as strong with its development projects, as pre-recession. I think it's a top 5 city to still do very well, new development-wise. 

There might be a few projects that just sit and stall to wait it out, but I think most may still progress forward. Nashville is red hot and it is THE city to build in at the present time.

I hope you’re right. I’ve been thinking about this recently and have been a bit worried some of the projects we are most looking forward to might stall or fall through. That’s why I want them all to get started before they have a chance to do that lol. That being said I do agree that Nashville is a very strong and resilient market and still poised for a ton of development and hopefully we’ll see similar trends we saw during the pandemic where growth still progresses even during an economic downturn. I’m just hoping most projects will only briefly stall rather than be cancelled all together if a slowdown does occur.  

• Like 2

On 7/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, thenorthchannel said:

When I look closer today … could it be buried power lines?

On 7/2/2022 at 1:20 PM, Bos2Nash said:

If definitely appears to be electrical of some kind. It could be actual power, it could also be fiber optics for internet, it could be everything. That is a fair amount of conduit.

It looks like telecom; power would be encased in concrete, not backfilled with bedding. The conduits would also not be touching or crossing over each other.

If someone wants to peek over the barriers and read the manhole covers that would settle it. I'm not going, it's too hot outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2022 at 8:31 PM, MontanaGuy said:

Could we be looking at a deja vu situation.  The economy nabbed the 750 ft version of Signature Tower when it was set to pass AT&T.  Now, might it also nab 1010 Church as it attempts to unseat AT&T?  If it does, I'll be convinced  that Batman knows voodoo.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, nashville born said:

Could we be looking at a deja vu situation.  The economy nabbed the 750 ft version of Signature Tower when it was set to pass AT&T.  Now, might it also nab 1010 Church as it attempts to unseat AT&T?  If it does, I'll be convinced  that Batman knows voodoo.

Haha! The AT&T has a hold on the tallest title maybe? 

I honestly think 1010 Church will be built. Residential is in huge demand downtown, and it will only increase. Plus, if this recession happens, I don't think it will be nearly as bad as the one from '07-08. 

I like to think Nashville can mostly weather a recession, due to its red hot status of the "it city" right now. 

BUT some developments are just not immune to instability and I definitely think there will be some projects that succumb to the current and future financial landscape, unfortunately.

If I were a betting man, I'd say a couple of these projects surrounding the sticks will be shelved. I think the Ritz gets built for sure. Circle South--that one worries me.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
49 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Downtown Resident sent this to me day before yesterday or yesterday one.

Circle Souths sewer work is finally moving forward. 

https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3753670?searchCode=APN&page=2&searchText=09310006000&searchType=permit&orderBy=fullAddress ASC,permitNumber ASC

This project consists of the abandonment of approximately 123 linear feet of 8-inch sanitary sewer and the construction of approximately 42 linear feet of 18-inch sanitary sewer (DIP), 240 linear feet of 15-inch sanitary sewer (PVC), and two (2) sanitary sewer manholes to serve the Circle South development.

Parcel/Address

Address 514 8th Ave S
  NASHVILLE TN 37203
APN 09310005700

Address 410 8th Ave S
  NASHVILLE TN 37203
APN 09310007000

Address 500 8th Ave S
  NASHVILLE TN 37203
APN 09310006000

Address 522 8th Ave S
  NASHVILLE TN 37203
APN 09314059500

Contacts

PROPERTY OWNER

Company
CIRCLE SOUTH PARTNERS, LLC
Title
20180925 0094663
Address
111 MTCS RD
MURFREESBORO,TN 37129

PERMIT/LICENSE APPLICANT

Company
Ragan-Smith-Associates, Inc
Name
Michael Williams
Address
315 WOODLAND ST
NASHVILLE,TN 37206

RESPONSIBLE PARTY

Company
Ragan-Smith-Associates, Inc
Name
Michael Williams
Address
315 WOODLAND ST
NASHVILLE,TN 37206

PERMIT/LICENSE APPLICANT

Company
CIRCLE SOUTH HOLDINGS LLC
Name
Address
512 8TH AVE
NASHVILLE,TN

RESPONSIBLE PARTY

Company
Name
Address
512 8TH AVE
NASHVILLE,TN

Contractors

Related Permits

PERMIT # TYPE RELATION
T2019073021 SEWERCAP - WS Sewer Capacity Fee Parent

Reviews / Inspections

TYPE DESCRIPTION STATUS COMPLETED BY COMPLETED
REVIEW WS - Pre-construction Meeting (Public Project Review) APPROVED Gilbert, Penny Aug 3, 2022
   Meeting held 8/1/2022 with Mitchell Plumbing as contractor and Tim Mathis as inspector.
   Correction - Meeting held 7/29/2022 with Civil Constructors as contractor and Ken Jenkins as inspector.
REVIEW WS - Out to Customer (Plan Set Needed) WSRCVD Gilbert, Penny Aug 3, 2022
REVIEW WS - Under Technical Review APPROVED Moore, Gabriel Apr 19, 2021
REVIEW WS - Out to Customer (Technical Review) WSRCVD Mishu, Charissa Mar 30, 2021
REVIEW WS - Under Technical Review RETURNED Moore, Gabriel Mar 12, 2021
REVIEW WS - Out to Customer (Technical Review) WSRCVD Mishu, Charissa Feb 19, 2021
REVIEW WS - Under Technical Review RETURNED Moore, Gabriel Jan 8, 2021
REVIEW WS - Out to Customer (Technical Review) WSRCVD Mishu, Charissa Dec 10, 2020
REVIEW WS - Under Technical Review RETURNED Birch, Kyle Feb 26, 2020
   02/26/2020 Please address markups sent via ftp. KB
REVIEW TDEC Notice YES Gilbert, Penny Aug 3, 2022
   Construction start date 8/10/2022
   Correction - start date 7/29/2022

Smeags, do you know the duration of the construction on the sewer and if it's possible for CS to get started before the sewer work is finished?  Also, do you know if the residential tower adjacent to CS will be started at the same time as the office tower?

• Thanks 1