Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

markhollin

• 1 month later...

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Still a lot of work being done on sewer lines beneath the site.

Looking SW from Lea Ave., 1/2 block west of 7th Ave. South:

Circle South, Sept, 18, 2022 .jpeg

This is a huge job, so not surprised it's moving slow. 

Great to see progress! By the time it's "sewer ready," wondering if some of the projects will still be a "go," and/or viable to build? 

Hoping so! Would love to see this one rise.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Is the sewer project also holding up the Ritz Carlton towers from getting started?  I thought that was imminent, as in by the end of the year. 

That's exactly what I've been wondering, I sure hope that one's going to happen, even more than this project although I like both of them!

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...
2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

We will see if any new equipment arrives on site. If not and there is no movement right away or no permits; could be a delay. I have yet to see one permit related to construction other than a grading permit that was applied for, but not issued. Nothing else has been applied for like a foundation permit or a structural frame permit.

As has been discussed on here before office construction is taking a hit right and a spec building with no tenant is not going to be built. They need a big tenant! That goes for the office building that Highwoods wants to do at the Tennessean site. DT resident was thinking Highwoods was going for Pinnacle and they went to NY instead. Any office construction at the Reed or Beaman site will be put on hold in favor of the residential components, IMO.

And WFH is here to stay. Companies that don’t offer at least a couple days WFH will be missing out on talent. One of the positive things to come from Covid.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

As to this ongoing utilities project, does it actually involve physical work in the footprint of these particular projects? I guess I’m asking, can’t they start building Circle South and Ritz then tie into the new utilities at the end? Or do these utilities interfere with the property that inhibits normal construction to take place? I mean build out of these buildings will take years, it’s not like they need utilities hookup in the beginning 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Luvemtall said:

As to this ongoing utilities project, does it actually involve physical work in the footprint of these particular projects? I guess I’m asking, can’t they start building Circle South and Ritz then tie into the new utilities at the end? Or do these utilities interfere with the property that inhibits normal construction to take place? I mean build out of these buildings will take years, it’s not like they need utilities hookup in the beginning 

The Ritz hasn’t had any movement on their permit applications since August of last year, outside of extending their W/S capacity fee due date. I don’t think their issue is the sewer project, per se. I keep an eye out for movement on their grading permit, foundation permit, master permit, and their W/S Capacity fees for any sign of movement but it’s been silent. Not feeling great about it, but not willing to call it dead just yet  

Circle South on the other hand had significant sewer / stormwater projects applied for to service the development. If I’m looking at it correctly, they started construction on the sewer project in July of 2022: https://epermits.nashville.gov/#/permit/3753670

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2