Circle South, 30 story/443'/535,000 sq. ft. office tower; 19 story/239'/261 residential tower; 2.6 acres at Lafayette and 8th Ave. South

markhollin

On 2/14/2023 at 8:41 PM, FrankNash said:

If I were the Ritz folks I would be embarrassed to have banners up with last years starting dates.  Why not just call the developer to ask if they are going to build or not?  If they don't respond,  then report them as a NO.  

That whole stop/start date announcement is just head-scratching.

I'm going to agree with many folks here who've said the developer is in over their heads with this project. 

This project should be constructed by a world class, proven company--not a small time local developer. This seems to be the root of the issue with delays and botched announcements.

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

2 hours ago, Baronakim said:

Wish Nashville's would break ground.

image.jpeg

That is such an incredibly cool architecture! WOW.

Nashville's probably would break ground,  if it could get a tenant to sign on to take up a good percentage of the building. 

Otherwise, it will have to wait out this economic pause we are in, or the developers will have to make the building residential or hotel--or a mix of both.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I walked by the site today and was trying to figure out what these yokels are doing.  They've been loading up a couple of trucks but it really doesn't seem to amount to much.  They've had this equipment sitting there for a few weeks with very little activity.  A long walk for nothing!

2023-03-16 14.25.05.jpg

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Argo said:

Well what do you want them to do. Spend 3 - 4 hundred million dollars on a building with no tenant signed.

That's fantasy on your part.

The project was announced 7 years ago. Sorry to crack the fantasy some may still have that this project will actually happen. 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

The project was announced 7 years ago. Sorry to crack the fantasy some may still have that this project will actually happen. 

I just looked back through the early pages of this thread. The announcement of this project, along with images of the building, hit the Nashville Post on April 17,2020.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MontanaGuy said:

That argumentative and sarcastic tone sounds very familiar and reminds me of Licec, L. C. Ice and Mr. Gain.  It kind of makes me wonder if Mr. Gain has given birth to Argo! 

Yes... we all quickly figure out the ones to ignore.  That one keeps trying to make a 'splash'. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

I just looked back through the early pages of this thread. The announcement of this project, along with images of the building, hit the Nashville Post on April 17,2020.

I get all the finger crossing wishers here, and I hope I'm wrong, but you need to be realistic.  The market has changed since the pandemic and before.  I know only a little more than most here; it's why I haven't had anything official to Smeags et.al..  So it's all speculative with things I've heard from a source.  No need to get your panties in a wad over it.  I have a former colleague who recently left Lincoln Properties in legal. She mentioned that this project has been in planning for over six years (so I was off by a year on the planning but the point is the same); before acquisition, and the sewage/infrastructure project combined with the pandemic essentially killed the window to start and last year LP was shopping the site for a corporate relo. Nobody is making any large moves atm.  Despite that, there was a point last year when they thought they'd kick off when Amazon pulled back from their tower in NY.  The pandemic has changed everything for large office developers. I have hard no rumors lately, but I still believe this will not happen as planned. I do think the site is attractive, and it will see something farther out. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 3/16/2023 at 7:33 PM, MLBrumby said:

I get all the finger crossing wishers here, and I hope I'm wrong, but you need to be realistic.  The market has changed since the pandemic and before.  I know only a little more than most here; it's why I haven't had anything official to Smeags et.al..  So it's all speculative with things I've heard from a source.  No need to get your panties in a wad over it.  I have a former colleague who recently left Lincoln Properties in legal. She mentioned that this project has been in planning for over six years (so I was off by a year on the planning but the point is the same); before acquisition, and the sewage/infrastructure project combined with the pandemic essentially killed the window to start and last year LP was shopping the site for a corporate relo. Nobody is making any large moves atm.  Despite that, there was a point last year when they thought they'd kick off when Amazon pulled back from their tower in NY.  The pandemic has changed everything for large office developers. I have hard no rumors lately, but I still believe this will not happen as planned. I do think the site is attractive, and it will see something farther out. 

LP ended up relocating to the 3-story "creative building" that sits between the two towers of Broadwest.... Definitely not enough to be an anchor tenant of Circle South.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...