2020 Predictions

On 12/14/2019 at 7:45 PM, mpretori said:

What does everyone think will happen in 2020? Will Legacy be fully complete? Any new fortune 500 companies?

I think that 2020 will be a groundbreaking year in that the Charlotte Skyline will be changed in radical fashion with all of the currently under construction projects (not yet vertical) piercing the Skyline in noticeable fashion before the end of the Year.  This is because a lot of the Highrises that’ll be visible will not be all clustered in the 3rd Ward.

Vantage 2nd Building, Lowe’s Tower, Honeywell Tower, Ellis Tower, FNB Tower, Portman Tower (nearly Topped Out by Dec 2020), DEC2 (I estimate 20 floors high by years end) and even the Intercontinental Tower (I estimate 20 floors high by years end) = All of these Sites will be vertical, visible and add depth to the Skyline in parts of Charlotte center city giving it a much larger big city feel.

My only concern is that we’re not hearing much of any new major development announcements or multiple high rises like we’ve been able to (im just darn spoiled) in the last several years.   The Stiles project (23 Story Tower) near East-West Station is the only one announced so far, and is very likely to break ground in the June-Oct 2020 timeframe but won’t make any Skyline waves until late 2021.  

Also - I do like the new Uptown Publix signing development contract as that will definitely kick off much needed construction along the N. Tryon corridor.  I’m not expecting this one to start (15 Story) until late 3Q of 2020 at the earliest.

Edited by Hushpuppy321
  • Like 1

On 12/14/2019 at 7:45 PM, mpretori said:

What does everyone think will happen in 2020? Will Legacy be fully complete? Any new fortune 500 companies?

It'll be 2023-25 before Legacy Union is all complete. At least three more buildings to go. 

Edited by Guest

Central Square Shopping Center sells and gets a major transformation which sparks even more development along Central and the planned Gold Line.  (Happy Prediction)

Brewery bubble bursts and we see 3-4 breweries go under.  New brewery plans stall.  (Sad Prediction)