Shops at Greenridge

gs3

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Awesome photos, gsupstate! I especially love that last shot of the sidewalk and light posts leading to the door of the new Barnes & Noble...you framed it very nicely!

The wife and kids and I were at Lowes the other day and took the opportunity to drive around the parking lot ... it's definitely coming along nicely.

As for the opening date, I believe it will be quite staggered as phases of construction finish. Lowes opened back in March. Best Buy and Dick's Sporting Goods will be opening within the next couple of weeks. Pet Smart and Linens N' Things shouldn't be far behind. Construction just very recently started on Total Wine, so it should be several weeks to a couple of months before it's ready. The rest of the shops should pop up as construction finishes for each of them.

I wish there was something like this nearer T.R. - Cherrydale is nice, but it just doesn't quite cut it. :)

Thanks guys.

I know The Shops at Greenridge are surburban sprawl, but at least now Greenville is starting to build "quality" surburban sprawl. :) I was shocked at the level of detail Crosland is putting into this center.

• 1 month later...

The Shops @ Greenridge store is an additional store for Barnes & Noble. The Haywood Road store will continue to remain open.

It will be great having two Barnes & Noble stores in Greenville. The Haywood Road store does great business, but its parking and access is ridiculous. You cannot find a parking space in front of the store, al-Queda operatives park illegally alongside the lane which makes getting to the back of the parking lot difficult, and there's no turn signal from Haywood Road into Don Pablo's.

The Shops @ Greenridge store is an additional store for Barnes & Noble.  The Haywood Road store will continue to remain open. 

It will be great having two Barnes & Noble stores in Greenville.  The Haywood Road store does great business, but its parking and access is ridiculous.  You cannot find a parking space in front of the store, al-Queda operatives park illegally alongside the lane which makes getting to the back of the parking lot difficult, and there's no turn signal from Haywood Road into Don Pablo's.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

I thought I was the only one that complains about this under their breath as I take my life in my own hands navigating through to the back of the lot. Nice to see I'm not alone!

Great we'll have two Barnes & Noble, but when are we getting a Border's? Borders music section is fantastic! :thumbsup: I heard rumors more than a year ago from a reliable retail source that Borders was looking at the Upstate market, but nothing yet. Anybody heard anything?

Borders owns Waldenbooks, which is currently playing musical stores at Haywood Mall. They are in this area in that form, but an actual Borders Books & Music store would be great. I think they would make a great tenant at Greenville Mall's mall entrance between Palmetto Home & Garden and the former Montgomery Ward.

Great we'll have two Barnes & Noble, but when are we getting a Border's?  Borders music section is fantastic!  :thumbsup:  I heard rumors more than a year ago from a reliable retail source that Borders was looking at the Upstate market, but nothing yet.  Anybody heard anything?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

*sigh* another store I miss from Orlando...

It'd be nice if Border's would open a store in Cherrydale.

What about a Borders downtown in the building at the corner of Main and Washington (with the red and white awning)?  That is a big space in prime real estate.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I would love to see a Borders downtown.

I think some mainstream retail would do well downtown. There is alot of specialty retail now. Not that that's bad. I love it, but some mainstream retail might bring in some more business.

I stopped into Dick's Sporting Goods this weekend. I thought it was very clean and nice, myself. The only knock that I can level against it is that it doesn't have a Rock Climbing Wall (like the Dick's in the Mall of Georgia does).

Did anybody make it out to mee Rupert from Survivor on Sunday? :lol:

I would love to see a Borders downtown.

I think some mainstream retail would do well downtown.  There is alot of specialty retail now.  Not that that's bad.  I love it, but some mainstream retail might bring in some more business.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Main & Washington space-- the former Woolworth's? I've heard that the land was challenging to assemble because it was owned by multiple parties, but that it's now been assembled and that something is planned for that building. I think it would make a great location for a Borders- the whole 1/2 block including the former Woolworth's, the dumpy buildings north of it and the Bergamo plaza/piazza should be torn down and developed into a retail complex.

Anyone have news on the former Woolworth's?

Archived