Shops at Greenridge

gs3

That is good to hear about the Main and Washington space being assembled into one continuous piece of property. If Borders truly is looking at Greenville, that would be a great spot with plenty of space.

As for the older buildings closer to Piazza Bergamo, there are plans to convert them (or at least part of them) into retail, office, and residential space. I saw a sign in one of the windows yesterday with a drawing of what it will look like. Here is a link to an article in GSA business with a description and drawing:

http://www.gsabusiness.com/addedValuesPI/s...Reader$752

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is good to hear about the Main and Washington space being assembled into one continuous piece of property.  If Borders truly is looking at Greenville, that would be a great spot with plenty of space.

As for the older buildings closer to Piazza Bergamo, there are plans to convert them (or at least part of them) into retail, office, and residential space.  I saw a sign in one of the windows yesterday with a drawing of what it will look like.  Here is a link to an article in GSA business with a description and drawing:

http://www.gsabusiness.com/addedValuesPI/s...Reader$752

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

They have been talking about this for quite some time. Any idea when we will see some activity?

I hear that palce is pretty cool  B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, it actually is. You can just walk in and check it out. They won't let you climb without signing a waiver and getting "first timer" training, but its pretty cool to just watch people "monkey" around.

They have been talking about this for quite some time.  Any idea when we will see some activity?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Notice in the drawings that the stairs in the Piazza are gone? From what I understand that is what is holding things up.

When I was by there this morning, Outparcel 6 is being primed for something. I know a couple of restaurants are suppose to go on to the outparcels. Firebirds Rocky Mountain Grill (www.firebirdsrockymountaingrill.com) is suppose to be opening in the area. Also, Peter that owns Lieu's, had said he was working on a deal for a second restaurant to be located at Greenridge. Obviously it would be Asian, but he said the style and format were to be a surprise.

Also heard that Rock Bottom Brewery is looking at Greenville. Read an article a couple of weeks ago that Rock Bottom was about to do a major expansion, like 50 plus locations. Makes sense Greenville would be on that list.

Also heard that Rock Bottom Brewery is looking at Greenville.  Read an article a couple of weeks ago that Rock Bottom was about to do a major expansion, like 50 plus locations.  Makes sense Greenville would be on that list.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is great news! I hope they can find a location downtown. What a great restaurant :D

I would like to see a Mongolian Barbecue place in Greenville. Something like BD's Mongolian Barbecue, although they aren't really in the southeast except for Fayetteville, NC (why they picked there is beyond me):

http://www.bdsmongolianbarbecue.com/

I am glad to hear that the owner of Lieu's is thinking about opening an additional restaurant. Hopefully that means that Lieu's is doing great business (and it should, because it's one of my favorites!).

I had heard a rumor that the Cheesecake Factory was coming to Greenville. I'm wondering if anybody else heard anything about this. I'm also curious as to where it would be located. I'd wager a guess that it would be at the Shops at Greenridge, but who knows? Does anybody know anything about this rumor?

BD's Mongolian looks pretty great!  Wish they would pick Greenville for a new location!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I checked the website, and BD's Mongolian Barbeque is franchised. Their requirements consist of the following:

Restaurant Size:

Target restaurant size of 5,500 square feet. Larger or smaller spaces may be considered dependant upon size and trade area considerations and availability.

Demographics:

1. Residential population of 120,000 or more in targeted trade area.

2. Daytime population of 25,000 or more in targeted trade area.

3. Greater than 60% white collar and 60% college educated in trade area.

4. Median household income greater than $55,000.

5. Traffic volumes fronting site 25,000+ and/or adjacent intersection with high traffic volumes.

Would Greenville be a candidate? I would think Woodruff or Downtown would be good sites that fit their criteria. I KNOW it would do well in Greenville. They have locations in the following cities:

Ann Arbor, MI

Auburn Hills, MI

Dearborn, MI

Flint, MI

Grand Rapids, MI

Novi, MI

Okemos, MI

Portage, MI

Royal Oak, MI

Sterling Heights, MI

Traverse City, MI

Naperville, IL

Vernon Hills, IL

Carmel - Westfield, IN

Indianapolis - Keystone, IN

Independence, MO

Cleveland, OH

Columbus - Arena, OH

Columbus - Easton, OH

Columbus - Sawmill, OH

Fayetteville, NC

Bethesda, MD

Overland Park, KS

Las Colinas, TX

Plano, TX

Boulder, CO

Denver, CO

I have been to locations outside Chicago (Vernon Hills) and Washington, DC (Bethesda, MD) and they do great business (especially dinner). Hopefully we will get one someday. :)

PF Chang's is building a location at the Shops at Greenridge!!! This will be their first store in SC.

You can read more about it at the Crosland website...just click on "about us," then "media," then "news room." I would cut and paste it for you but I don't think we're supposed to do that. Anyway, it talks about some other things that are coming also.....

I had heard a rumor that the Cheesecake Factory was coming to Greenville.  I'm wondering if anybody else heard anything about this.  I'm also curious as to where it would be located.  I'd wager a guess that it would be at the Shops at Greenridge, but who knows?  Does anybody know anything about this rumor?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My understanding is that the Cheesecake Factory will be at RiverPlace...

PF Chang's is building a location at the Shops at Greenridge!!!  This will be their first store in SC.

You can read more about it at the Crosland website...just click on "about us," then "media," then "news room."  I would cut and paste it for you but I don't think we're supposed to do that.  Anyway, it talks about some other things that are coming also.....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great! :thumbsup: Can't wait for them to open. Just read the article, it also says Mimi's Cafe is opening, which is an upscale chain new to South Carolina.

http://www.pfchangs.com

http://www.mimiscafe.com

My understanding is that the Cheesecake Factory will be at RiverPlace...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would be great! Where did we hear this information?

If only Greenville Mall had gotten its act together and landed a PF Chang's and even just some of the retailers that ended up at Greenridge, perhaps that poor mall would have survived.

Have these "rumors" been substantiated?  I noticed that "The Grape" has the Riverplace location on their web site.  Have PF Chang's, Mimi's or the Cheesecake Factory confimed their locations here in Greenville?  There doesn't seem to be any info on the web sites.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes on PF Changs and Mimi's. Go to this link:

http://www.crosland.com/about_us/media/newsroom

Archived