Shops at Greenridge

gs3

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah I heard a commercial for thw World Market on the radio. I may have to make a trip over there. My favorite candy bar is this Australian bar called "Violet Crumble."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I brought my wife there last night. Its got some pretty cool stuff. The wine prices looked reasonable. They had Yellowtail for $4.99. That's a great wine for that price. I saw a bottle of Dynamite Vineyards for $18.99. I'm pretty sure Publix sells it for the same price.

I didn't look at all the candy, but did notice they were big on Ghiardelli. I can't say that I saw any Voilet Crumble :D .

Lots of kitchen type goodies, although my wife is prety pumped about the Foxfire kitchen store going in next to Chico's. They also had some furniture, candles, flower arrangements ... blah blah blah.

I brought my wife there last night.  Its got some pretty cool stuff.  The wine prices looked reasonable.  They had Yellowtail for $4.99.  That's a great wine for that price.  I saw a bottle of Dynamite Vineyards for $18.99.  I'm pretty sure Publix sells it for the same price.

Excellent beer selection too. And they have these "crafter" packs eithre US or the world crafter pack with 10 beers. American set is 8.99 and World set is 9.99. The american set appeared to have flying dog ales, samuel adams, and various other "not a huge manufacturer" type brews in it. You can also build your own "six packs".

Huge selection of Jones soda too. And the Oriental candy selection was pretty good - mmm Flower's Kiss and Pocky

My wife was able to find the "japanese" style soup spoons she had been looking for as well.

What I'd like to know (and this may have been discussed before i'm fairly new here) but what masochist designed the parking lot for those shops? Come holidays that will be a real nightmare. Some sections with 4 way stops, and others that aren't - accidet waiting to happen imho

Welcome at last, gregtob! :D I've noticed you reading for sometime lately. Hope to hear more from you in the near future!

You're right, those "six packs" are very fascinating. :blush: I wonder how World Market's beer and wine sales will fare once Total Wine & More opens up next door, though. Overall, I think it is a very unique store for this area, in that it carries so many products from so many different countries. :thumbsup:

I agree about the potentially caotic crossroads. Hopefully drivers will watch very closely to see if they have a stop sign or not.

Excellent beer selection too.  And they have these "crafter" packs eithre US or the world crafter pack with 10 beers.  American set is 8.99 and World set is 9.99.  The american set appeared to have flying dog ales, samuel adams, and various other "not a huge manufacturer" type brews in it.  You can also build your own "six packs".

Huge selection of Jones soda too.  And the Oriental candy selection was pretty good - mmm Flower's Kiss and Pocky

My wife was able to find the "japanese" style soup spoons she had been looking for as well.

What I'd like to know (and this may have been discussed before i'm fairly new here) but what masochist designed the parking lot for those shops?  Come holidays that will be a real nightmare.  Some sections with 4 way stops, and others that aren't - accidet waiting to happen imho

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the forum gregtrob B)

I guess I'll have to look more closely at the selections. I only spent about 15 minutes in the store and didn't notice the beers. Next time, I'll have to walk out with some. :alc:

Total Wine & More is now targeting October 28th as their Grand Opening date.

I went in World Market yesterday. Nice place! I love the beer boxes and the "pick six" boxes for the wine and beer... also picked up some imported candy bars that I've not been able to find around here previously. Very nice!

Off Broadway shoes seemed to have a lot of rows of the same shoe over and over and over...or was it just me?

• 2 weeks later...

Don't know if this has been said yet because I'm to lazy to read the whole thread, but there are some HUGE speedbumps in that place. I scraped the bottom of my Prelude while going over one of them and I've witnessed several running boards that got knocked off while going over them. They really need to fix this STAT!

I had lunch at Panera Bread on friday, and that place was packed out from wall to wall and out the door. :D VERY nice place, and I love the patio dining experience! Once Barnes and Noble and Salsarita's open, it will probably become extra hard to find a parking spot. I had to drive awhile before locating one on friday. ^_^

Barnes & Noble opened toady! (Actually last night at 6:00 for friends and family)

Linens-N-Things and Total Wine to open October 28th.

Went by the new Barnes and Noble tonight....the music section has the system so you can scan any CD in it's packaging and listen to it. Great feature to have! There is rumor out there of a third B&N, along with this one and Haywood. I hear there is some large development (ie: Greenridge type) in the works for the Simpsonville area. Anybody else heard this?

Went by the new Barnes and Noble tonight....the music section has the system so you can scan any CD in it's packaging and listen to it. Great feature to have! There is rumor out there of a third B&N, along with this one and Haywood. I hear there is some large development (ie: Greenridge type) in the works for the Simpsonville area. Anybody else heard this?

Their are plans for a bookstore at the Village at Pelham on HWY 14 but no one has been named las I heard. I think the buidling though is smaller than a Barnes & Noble so I don't think it will be them.

Archived