Shops at Greenridge

gs3

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool!

Is this an existing building or are they building a new one?

The whole project is new, hasn't even broke ground. I have seen the site plan, but don't remember how big the building titled book store was, but I remember thinking it was to small to be a Barnes & Noble. Of course being just a plan that can be changed.

Let me be more clear, the shopping portion of the Village ar Pelham hasn't started, the Hospital section is up an running.

Simpsonville can support a national bookstore, ditto for Greer/Taylors and Cherrydale. The obvious location would be along Fairview Rd, which seems to be filled in nicely with shops and traffic.

Has The Open Book or Books-a-Million inquired about a second Greenville area location?

Wonder how the Open Book stays in business- its location at Pleasantbug Shopping Center is sad. There used to be lots of Open Book locations: downtown, Bell Tower Mall, McAlister Square, College Ave. in Clemson, etc.

Out of curiosity, have any department stores been eyeing the Shops at Greenridge? Maybe Parisian would go there, joining its former co-tenants from Greenville Mall. The Shoppes at Eastchase in Montgomery, AL has lots of big-box and smaller tenants like Greenridge, including a Dillard's.

Someone had mentioned to me a few weeks back that Rooms To Go was supposed to be opening at Greenridge. I was in there earlier this afternoon and one of the employees said that they were definately moving to Woodruff Road and including Rooms To Go KIDS within the same building. She did not know if it would definately be Greenridge but she was pretty sure...unfortunately another empty location on Haywood... Also that would be 3 furniture stores within walking distance with Thomasville and Drexel Heritage opening across the street.

Wonder how the Open Book stays in business- its location at Pleasantbug Shopping Center is sad.

Seems to do well. Has kind of a "cult" following. Always busy when I'm in. Gets good traffic due to the Indian restaurant, 33 Liberty, and being across the street from University Center.

This shopping center needs a few trffic signals!!! I had to wait several minutes just to cross one of the major roads because traffic kept pouring in and out and I was at one of the two stop signs. Greenville is on its way toward Atlantaesque traffic flow in that entire area. :wacko:

This shopping center needs a few trffic signals!!! I had to wait several minutes just to cross one of the major roads because traffic kept pouring in and out and I was at one of the two stop signs. Greenville is on its way toward Atlantaesque traffic flow in that entire area. :wacko:

I agree. Its already crazy in there, and it's not even holiday shopping season yet. :shok:

Another thing, what did they to those speed bumps? I hit the bottom of my car on one, and it looked like they had already ground the top of it off. They were not that tall when they first opened. :blink:

Total Wine and More opened today. No offense to Northampton and other of my favorite small wine shops in and around town, but TW&M simply ROCKS (and it has nothing to do with the fact that my father-in-law is one of their managers). :whistling:

They've got over 8000 labels and arguably the best prices I've seen on any of my favorites. Not to mention their prices on beer and other spirits.

Linens-N-Things opens today. (as does St. Nick's on Woodruff Road across from Ashley Furniture. They have an amazing assortment of Christmas and other various holidays with brands such as Department 56, Christopher Radko, Jim Shore, etc...)

I went into Linens and Things yesterday...its largely a repeat of Bed Bath and Beyond, but the collecton by Nate Burkus is pretty snazzy!

GOSH! ^^^ that's not good. Why don't we rename laurens rd "Greenville Mall Rd"- they're both dying or maybe theyre actually dead.

Does somebody want to submit Verdae MarketFair to deadmalls.com? It would be the first strip center on that site, I think.

Once Verdae land is developed, though, that shopping center and perhaps the rest of Laurens Road will do better- maybe not that skanky ex-Bi-Lo (now a cheap furniture store or something?) at the intersection of Laurens and Haywood, though.

I wouldn't call Laurens Rd dead yet. With ICAR over there, I would bet that something new will be going into Verde Market. In fact, I believe that Olive Garden is up for remodel, so that we might get a Bones over there. They either go near a mall, or close to a office park development. Always near a major artery. I'd rather more development occur @ Laurens, because you can only widen Woodruff so much.

I wouldn't call Laurens Rd dead yet. With ICAR over there, I would bet that something new will be going into Verde Market. In fact, I believe that Olive Garden is up for remodel, so that we might get a Bones over there. They either go near a mall, or close to a office park development. Always near a major artery. I'd rather more development occur @ Laurens, because you can only widen Woodruff so much.

I agree. However, now Verdae MarketFair seems to be pitiful:

http://www.noromanagement.com/property-pro...MarketFair'

At least it's in good physical condition and doesn't really seem to need renovation. I remember when it was built in the late 1980s; seems like yesterday.

I can't believe that Harold's is only going to carry women's clothing!! That sucks! I wonder if they will eventually change their minds when the new store shows much higher numbers. Their clothes are nicer that most of the men's clothes at Haywood...and all because they went into the wrong mall in the beginning. Maybe they should just make Greenville Mall a hazzardous waste site and be done with it. And what's worse is that means one less men's store for Greenridge. Now it's just Smith & James....sad. :cry:

I can't believe that Harold's is only going to carry women's clothing!! That sucks! I wonder if they will eventually change their minds when the new store shows much higher numbers. Their clothes are nicer that most of the men's clothes at Haywood...and all because they went into the wrong mall in the beginning. Maybe they should just make Greenville Mall a hazzardous waste site and be done with it. And what's worse is that means one less men's store for Greenridge. Now it's just Smith & James....sad. :cry:

Go http://www.harolds.com and use the contact info to contact Harold's. I wrote the CEO and suggested a few places to relocate when Greenville Mall was dying and got a personal letter back. Maybe they will listen to customers. But maybe Harold's just couldn't get a big enough store at Greenridge to carry both men's and women's clothes.

Archived