Shops at Greenridge

gs3

It speaks highly of Greenville to be getting so many "South Carolina firsts."  I am looking forward to having a P.F. Chang's and Mimi's Cafe at Greenridge.  And a Cheesecake Factory will go great at RiverPlace! :D

Way to go, Greenville!  Signs of progress indeed.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Companies research demographics and only go where they know the money is. They also have criteria for urban areas such as age, education level, etc, etc. It does speak well of Greenville in that we have many first or only locations. Seems retailers have discovered Greenville. Here are a few of the more high end / unique I can think of.

P.F.Changs - First in SC

Mimi's - First in SC

The Grape - First in SC

Vespa dealership - only one in SC

Pottery Barn - only other in Charleston

Ducati dealership - only other in Charleston

J.Crew - only other in Charleston

Aveda store - First in SC

Mini dealership - only other in Charleston

Flat Rock Grill - First in SC

Cheeseburger in Paradise - only other in Myrtle Beach

Brixx - First in SC

Whole Foods - only other in Charleston

Harold's - First in SC

Mast General - First in SC

and on, and on. It certainly does speak well of Greenville! :thumbsup:

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

High End mens cloth's.  They carry lines like Lacoste, Bill's Khakis, Le Tigre, Cole Hann, Robert Talbot.  They also carry some quirky things like patch work suits, seer sucker suits, pants with lobters on them, etc.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Pants with lobsters? Hmmm, I could do that :D

I'm glad to see a small, family owned business move into these shops. It seems that this is the first into Greenridge.

I would like to see a Mongolian Barbecue place in Greenville.  Something like BD's Mongolian Barbecue, although they aren't really in the southeast except for Fayetteville, NC (why they picked there is beyond me):

http://www.bdsmongolianbarbecue.com/

I am glad to hear that the owner of Lieu's is thinking about opening an additional restaurant.  Hopefully that means that Lieu's is doing great business (and it should, because it's one of my favorites!).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There was a BD's in Charlotte that failed. It was located off N. Tryon in the University area. I've been to the one in Fayetteville. To me it seemed mostly a novelty. The food was very average IMHO.

Anyone know when the Barnes & Noble is scheduled to open?  The sign has been on the building for a little while.  Just wondering. :unsure:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

An employee at the Haywood B&N told me the Greenridge location was opening the 1st week of Sept.

I think it is going to be released to them the first week of September but it will probably be another few weeks before it opens. I drove by there last night after leaving Best Buy and the lights were on. I drove closer to the front doors and they were still putting up drywall. They still have to paint/wallpaper and put in the bar/sink/etc. for the cafe before B&N can begin adding fixtures and books. I could be wrong. Yankee Candle should be opening soon though. Their lights were on in there and they already have all their shelving in place and exterior signs up. Does anyone know what any of the smaller shops are going to be in the Point between Whole Foods and Circuit City????

It is already open for their soft opening. I was in there yesterday. It is pretty nice (I guess as nice as a Petsmart can be) I wish they would go ahead and update the Greenridge wbsite to list the newest store listings including Harold's, Smith and James, PF Changs, etc. It sometimes still suprises me what a mix of retail they have...Harold's, Lowe's, Talbot's, Best Buy, White House/Black Market, Office Max, etc...

Signs are up at Panera and Cold Stone Creamery as well, so they're not far from opening.  Also, World Market has a banner advertising that they're hiring, so they shouldn't be far off.

Did you notice the pergola over the opening at Total Wine and More?  Nice touch!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

World Market is supposed to be opening on Thursday, September 15. This should be an exciting addition to our retail market. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived