Austin | 321 West | 675' | 58-Stories | U/C

The ATX

Damn, this is getting ridiculous.  A 60-story tower is proposed for the same intersection as the current next new tallest - the 848' 6XG tower.  This one probably won't surpass 6XG in height, but it could be the second 800' tower in Austin.   The developer is Ryan Companies who also recently announced a 634' office tower called Tower 5c.

Here's a rendering from an Austin Business Journal article.

aPBLvwW.png 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, carolinaboy said:

Looks like you need to update your recently updated Tallest list.  :tw_lol:

I did, and I will post my final 2019 update soon.  I was actually just waiting for an update about this project because I knew it was going to be tall.  More info from BBVA bank was released this afternoon, and it's coming in at 770'.  I was hoping for another 800 footer, but I'll take this.  Block 190 (WeWork Tower #4) could be this tall as well, and the Railyard Condos site could turn out to be a supertall.

Azul at SSP Photoshopped the 848' 6XG tower into the rendering.  The 708' Republic tower site is in front of 6XG, and the 634' Tower 5C is by these as well.  Right now the skyline stretches for about a mile along the river.  These four towers will give the skyline a central focus/peak.  The four towers will have a nice ~70' step up in height among them from 634' to 848'.  

udSeKQz.png

• Like 2

Elevations have been released, and it gained 3'.  This is a skinny tower.  I don't think this will be affected by the economic slowdown since it is mostly residential and the office levels were taken by the bank with naming rights.  The bank and the developer/general contractor have deep pockets, and this may not run into financing problems.  

0w48WqV.png

AULCC

• Like 2

Same here.  If this one gets built, it will make for an awesome skyline peak since it's on the same intersection as 6XG.  I also like 44 East because it will create a peak in the Rainey St. area.  I would like to see another one of the ~600 footers proposed for Rainey get built too.  I think Travis Tower #1 is the most likely.  Of all the proposals that haven't broken ground yet, I'll be happy - for now anyway - if only this project and Travis #1 get built during the virus recession.

• 4 weeks later...

This was taken from the 6 X Guadalupe construction webcam, and shows how close 6XG and the BBVA tower will be (assuming the recession doesn't change plans.)  The site is the BBVA drive in bank and sushi restaurant by the date palms at bottom right.  Having two towers on either side of 800' so close together will make for a nice central peak.

Xatir7K.png

Webcam

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • The ATX changed the title to Austin | 321 West | 675' | 58-Stories | U/C

This project has undergone some changes since it was first announced.  A BBVA drive through bank was one of two buildings on the site before Demo.  BBVA was part of the project and got naming rights because they were going to lease most if not all of the office floors.  But early on, BBVA was bought by PNC and BBVA/PNC was no longer part of the project.  The project was redesigned and the height decreased to 675'.  There are still a few office floors, but it's mostly apartments.

This is going up at the same intersection as the 874' Sixth & Guadalupe tower.  Photo by Bobby_West at SSP.

BDF5237-A-99-FD-431-E-8-E71-0433-D738-C9

This is the site about three weeks ago.  Photo by agsatx88 at SSP.

52282821142_eaf74d1b1c_b.jpg

Here are a couple street level renderings courtesy the developer Ryan Companies.

Xg7KrvT.jpg

p3LdeXJ.png

• Like 1

• 7 months later...