Ivanhoe Village / Loch Haven Park

spenser1058

On 8/22/2022 at 4:19 PM, smonteserin said:

https://www.cflroads.com/project/445220-1

Here is a link to the plan, with an opportunity to respond to the lead in design from the FDOT.  They do not have a dedicated/protected bike lane, and have increased amount of parking, which I think does a disservice to the area as the urbanism increases. 

Anyone know if they added a bike lane to the design?  I can’t understand why they wouldn’t put one in with all of the bikers in the local community. The places they’re adding parking isn’t a big value add, a bike lane makes a lot of sense. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, sethM said:

Anyone know if they added a bike lane to the design?  I can’t understand why they wouldn’t put one in with all of the bikers in the local community. The places they’re adding parking isn’t a big value add, a bike lane makes a lot of sense. 

On Twitter I saw this alternative design by local urbaníste Sam Gallaher.  He suggested sending these to the FDOT folks as a response to their adding of more street parking along both sides of Orange in front of Hammered Lamb area. 

7E6B9946-ADB0-4B28-A811-CE48D956A210.png

8E73AE4C-AC05-45D2-871B-D98C65C44910.png

• Like 2

6 hours ago, smonteserin said:

On Twitter I saw this alternative design by local urbaníste Sam Gallaher.  He suggested sending these to the FDOT folks as a response to their adding of more street parking along both sides of Orange in front of Hammered Lamb area. 

I loved that design, would be fantastic for the area. The multi use path is only successful in annoying both bikers and pedestrians equally. 

Edited by sethM

22 hours ago, smonteserin said:

I think what happens to the project north of there has a lot of bearing on this one.  That said I wouldn't want to be Fontanelli right now.  He's got a bunch of these project that haven't really been going well.  IMO, they have an existing multi use path, and there doesn't need to be another bike trail.   Add the parking and put in some mid-block crosswalks so you can get to lamb from the park side. Parking is a HUGE issue there.   I'm an avid rider there and the lack of crossings there is an issue.  I don't have any problem there finding a place for my bike to ride.  

YUGE changes coming to OSC as they prepare the new “Life” exhibit where the goal is to get you as close to the animals as possible while still giving the fish and furrys control over when they wish to interact with humans:

Science center: New nature exhibit aims for
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/travel/attractions/os-et-orlando-science-center-update-construction-nature-exhibit-20220923-mzhnlvmhbbbhrbmkccpiof7opy-story.html

From The Sentinel 

Edited by spenser1058

I have to preface this with I had a number of beers before coming up with this idea. Totally block off Orange between Princeton and Colonial, then Virginia from the lake to Mills. Install some free parking garages on the corners and add a free street car to connect it all. Totally bonkers but would make the area super neat and cut out all of the annoying through traffic. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

If it makes anyone feel better, OMA wasn't the only one...

"A Work Attributed to Basquiat at TEFAF was Made by Artist André Heller — He Called it a ‘Childish Prank’"

"Heller glued sketches by Basquiat to strips of wood, applied red paint, and hammered nails and pieces of a black broom handle; a genuine portrait by Basquiat, acquired by Heller in 1990, was placed in the frame,"

https://www.artnews.com/art-news/news/basquiat-forgery-tefaf-andre-heller-1234645236/

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 3/29/2023 at 6:50 PM, dcluley98 said:

Is that Advent or private? 

For whomever that doesn't necessarily realize or been able to visualize, this building is a rectangle that will fit within that rectangle parcel fronting the parking decks. It's length will run along Orange Ave.

It's use (mix and design) is very similar to CSP... it's even got that balcony level where a Denny Crane can smoke cigars with Alan Shore.

• 2 weeks later...

"Auctioneer Admits to Helping Create Fake Works Shown as Basquiats in Orlando"

"The man has agreed to plead guilty to a charge of lying to federal agents who say he helped to create the works displayed and later seized at the Orlando Museum of Art"

"Though the exhibition became an embarrassment to the museum, De Groft has not been implicated in any wrongdoing."

Auctioneer Admits to Helping Create Fake Basquiat Paintings Shown in Orlando - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

• Like 1