New Members

Hi, guys.

I stumbled across this forum a few days ago and haven't been able to stay away. I am a 24 year-old Greenville native who loves economic development, big cities, skylines, etc. The things that are discussed on this board are right up my alley! I thought I was the only one who checked the "Greenville Vision 2025" website daily, only to be disappointed that nothing new was ever added. Evidently others share my desire for Greenville to become a bigger city while retaining its charm. By finding this forum, I feel like I have made a wonderful discovery. Ha ha.

I am excited about all that is going on in Greenville, and look forward to good dialogue with you guys.

Welcome to U.P., G'Ville! I look forward to your input, ideas, and feedback as well! I've found this to be an incredible forum over the past couple of montis (I'm a newbie, myself).

BTW: How was Patriots Day this year in Beantown, or were you there back in April? Give my regards to the Red Line! :)

Welcome to U.P., G'Ville!  I look forward to your input, ideas, and feedback as well!  I've found this to be an incredible forum over the past couple of montis (I'm a newbie, myself).

BTW:  How was Patriots Day this year in Beantown, or were you there back in April?  Give my regards to the Red Line! :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RestedTraveler,

I have lived in Washington, DC for the past year and actually just arrived in Boston about a week and a half ago. I am doing a six-week internship at Harvard Medical School, so I won't be here very long. As for the T, I have only used the green line thus far (Brookline Village to Longwood Medical or Fenway stop), but I plan on using the red line to hit up MGH and Cambridge before my time here is done. I am flying into GSP on Saturday for several days at home, and can't wait! I have missed Greenville!

Mind if I jump in here too, instead of starting a new thread? I've been watching these forums for awhile now and I can't seem to stay away. I'll probably just be a lurker for the most part though.

Anyway, I'm moving to Greenville July first from Columbus, Ohio. I was just down there looking for a rental and ended up having enough time to just look around at other stuff. I ended up wandering downtown and remembered a lot of places from the pictures you guys posted on a thread recently. Well, I love the place and I can't wait until I have a chance to do more there. Greenville seems to have a much better city life than that of Columbus, which I never really got into.

I hope to hear more news from you folks. I've really gotten interested in how the city is developing.

Greenville and Cap'n Prowler, glad y'all could join us! :)

I'm really excited about Greenville's future. I believe it is poised for great growth in the near future and that it will become a premier city in the Carolinas, as well as the Southeast, for quality of life and business climate/expansion.

Edited by krazeeboi

Mind if I jump in here too, instead of starting a new thread? I've been watching these forums for awhile now and I can't seem to stay away. I'll probably just be a lurker for the most part though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Becoming a member is the first step to recovery :silly: Welcome to the forum!

Anyway, I'm moving to Greenville July first from Columbus, Ohio. I was just down there looking for a rental and ended up having enough time to just look around at other stuff. I ended up wandering downtown and remembered a lot of places from the pictures you guys posted on a thread recently. Well, I love the place and I can't wait until I have a chance to do more there. Greenville seems to have a much better city life than that of Columbus, which I never really got into.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Your handywork with the camera is quite nice, there Cap'n! We're all fortunate to have you join us in our community. Aye aye, and Welcome Aboard!

• 1 year later...

Thanks, Spartan! :shades:

In borrowing and slightly modifying a format introduced by TJ (TaureanJ) over in the Tallahassee, Florida Forum:

Who Am I ...

Reading my initial post was interesting. I have spent a lot of time here and posted a lot since then! :lol:

Who I Am...

• Name: Jonathan

• City of Residence: Charleston, SC

• College: Clemson University (B.S.), Georgetown University (M.S.)

• Born: Greenville, SC

• Hobbies: Exercising, traveling, reading, watching sports, wine, listening to music

• Other Cities I've lived in: Greenville, SC, Clemson, SC, Washington, DC, Boston, MA (summer), Baltimore, MD (summer)

• 5 weeks later...

Just found this forum yesterday via the Greenville News site and the "hidden" forum they have there. I've lived in the upstate all my life except for when I was away at college and that was just in Rock Hill about 100 miles to the east. My wife and I are both self employed. I live not too far from Furman and have been especially interested in the sections on the forum about the Cherrydale and Northern Greenville County areas. My wife and I are part of a core group trying to start an Associate Reformed Presbyterian Mission Church (Travelers Associate Reformed Presbyterian) in the Northern Greenville County area so it's interesting to follow the development news for that area.

The past month or so I volunteered to drive the current worship leader (we are still looking for a full-time mission developer) around the Northern Greenville County area including Travelers Rest, Marietta, Tigerville, Paris Mountain and Berea so he could be more familar with the ministry area. I was amazed at some the development that has been taking place in that part of the county. The Tigerville area and North Greenville College was big surprise seeing as I haven't been that way much since I went to North Greenville College and worked at Camp Old Indian in the 80's. Yes, I drove up and down highway 11 and 253 a good bit but just recently saw all the big changes at NGC. Where the Cherokee Valley golf course and development is now used to be nothing but "swamp land" and hiking/cross country running trails used by the North Greenville students back when I was a student there.

I'm glad to see more interesting things coming to the northern part of the county but I hope it never turns into a "Woodruff Road".

Just found this forum yesterday via the Greenville News site and the "hidden" forum they have there. I've lived in the upstate all my life except for when I was away at college and that was just in Rock Hill about 100 miles to the east. My wife and I are both self employed. I live not too far from Furman and have been especially interested in the sections on the forum about the Cherrydale and Northern Greenville County areas. My wife and I are part of a core group trying to start an Associate Reformed Presbyterian Mission Church (Travelers Associate Reformed Presbyterian) in the Northern Greenville County area so it's interesting to follow the development news for that area.

The past month or so I volunteered to drive the current worship leader (we are still looking for a full-time mission developer) around the Northern Greenville County area including Travelers Rest, Marietta, Tigerville, Paris Mountain and Berea so he could be more familar with the ministry area. I was amazed at some the development that has been taking place in that part of the county. The Tigerville area and North Greenville College was big surprise seeing as I haven't been that way much since I went to North Greenville College and worked at Camp Old Indian in the 80's. Yes, I drove up and down highway 11 and 253 a good bit but just recently saw all the big changes at NGC. Where the Cherokee Valley golf course and development is now used to be nothing but "swamp land" and hiking/cross country running trails used by the North Greenville students back when I was a student there.

I'm glad to see more interesting things coming to the northern part of the county but I hope it never turns into a "Woodruff Road".

Welcome to the forum, linkerjpatrick! I see that you worked at Camp Old Indian in the 80's. I went several times in the mid-late 80's when I was a young child in Cub Scouts. :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum, linkerjpatrick! I see that you worked at Camp Old Indian in the 80's. I went several times in the mid-late 80's when I was a young child in Cub Scouts. :thumbsup:

I may have been there. I worked there from '83 to '89. I was the Nature Lodge Director from '86 to '89 and did work a few cub-dad weekends but not all of them.

I recently attended a staff reunion back in March of this year. It had staff alumni from the 60's to the present day. It was a great time. I created a Camp Old Indian group on flickr at;

http://www.flickr.com/groups/campoldindian/pool/

which includes photos from the reunion, a hike a former staff member and I made this summer and some photos from the 80's

I also have a Camp Old Indian blog I set up that was inspired by the reunion at

http://campoldindian.blogspot.com

I haven't written anything new lately since I have been so busy with business projects but I plan to get back to it soon.

Hello! I recently dicovered this website! Thought I'd introduce myself!

Name: Maureen

City of Residence: Downtown Greenville, SC

College: University of South Carolina Upstate (B.S. Criminal Justice)

High School: Greenville Tech Charter High

Born: Andover, NJ

Hobbies: cars, music, working out, biking, anything outdoors, photography

Other cities I've lived in: Andover, NJ...Simpsonville, SC...Spartanburg, SC....Greenville, SC