New Members

Hello, new Friends...

Glad to be aboard! I will need guidance in posting and other etiquette; I know this board has FAQs and pols/procs, but I am really a Luddite and generally access via TR's public library.

I live semi-non-grid for modern telecommunication...but when was the last time any of you who live "up here" heard a bob white whistle or in the early dawn or a whipporwill in the deep evening? (or live any locale, for that matter?)

Rested Traveler, I love beautiful downtown Travelers Rest. That's why I maintain an office there. In the springtime esp., our well-kept residential yards rival any along 'way North Main in Gvl.

(library's closing!--later!)

Who Am I ...

Name: Allison

City of Residence: Taylors

College: University of North Carolina @ Charlotte

Raised: Fayetteville, NC

Hobbies: Reading, travel, cooking, writing, drawing, and working out.

Hi everyone! I just found this forum today and I look forward to getting to know everyone. I consider myself a newbie in the Greenville area, but I've been here a little over a year. I spent most of last year putting in a lot of overtime so I could take two months off to visit family overseas. I've probably seen more of the area in the last month than I did all of last year. I don't know much about the area, but with all the posts in the forum I think I'll get a crash course!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello All. I finally decided to register today since i've found myself browsing here almost daily since I ran across this site.

I work in downtown greenville, and have really enjoyed digging around UP and finding out a little of the history behind some of the buildings and sites down here.

I moved to Greenville for school, and the longer I stay, the more I love it here. Even in the six years I've been here, it's been great to see the redevelopment and growth that's going on.

I'm glad to finally be a part of this group!

Hello All. I finally decided to register today since i've found myself browsing here almost daily since I ran across this site.

I work in downtown greenville, and have really enjoyed digging around UP and finding out a little of the history behind some of the buildings and sites down here.

I moved to Greenville for school, and the longer I stay, the more I love it here. Even in the six years I've been here, it's been great to see the redevelopment and growth that's going on.

I'm glad to finally be a part of this group!

• 5 months later...

Hi all,

I'm not sure how all of this works yet, but thought I'd introduce myself. My name is John and I moved to Greenville from Toledo, OH in 1992. Greenville was a bit different then and its been so exciting to see it change and develop into a world-class city. There is still much more to happen, but it's so great to live in a place that you can be proud of and want to tell everybody about.

I love history, I love giving tours, and I love this city. So, in 2006 I started my own business, Greenville History Tours (www.greenvillehistorytours.com). It's been really wonderful to learn all that I can about the history of the city and to share it with so many people over the last several years. I still have a lot to learn and love to stay abreast of current developments in the city. Urban planet seems like a great place to find people who also love this city, share about things going on, and want to see us continue to prosper and grow.

I look forward to going back to read previous posts to find out more about the environment and people here and to read and try to contribute to the current discussions.

Welcome, greenvillehistorytours!

I had no idea your business existed! I think it's a great concept and I'm sure it's a great asset to the city! Now that I know what you're about, I hope to catch a tour when you start back up!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy UrbanPlanet and the discussions, and I look forward to your contributions!

Hello everyone! A few of you have seen my around the web on city-data and/or flickr. I figured it was about time to create an account here and bookmark it so I don't forget about it again.

If anyone cares to know, my name is Allen. I'm 19 years old and have been in G'ville since birth! I graduated Greenville High in 2006. I'm a sophomore photography major at Winthrop, but you could easily find me in Greenville on almost any weekend (try to live in Rock Hill after living in Greenville...very depressing...).

Edited by p2y2r7o

Hello everyone! A few of you have seen my around the web on city-data and/or flickr. I figured it was about time to create an account here and bookmark it so I don't forget about it again.

If anyone cares to know, my name is Allen. I'm 19 years old and have been in G'ville since birth! I graduated Greenville High in 2006. I'm a sophomore photography major at Winthrop, but you could easily find me in Greenville on almost any weekend (try to live in Rock Hill after living in Greenville...very depressing...).

• 1 month later...

Hi all! I found this board a while back and it's been such a great resource I just had to register.

My name is Jenn and I'm a senior at USC Upstate. I'm from Texas but I've lived in Greenville for 5 years. Next year I'll finish my BA in Nonprofit Administration and I want to apply to Clemson's Masters in City/Regional Planning program. I too thought I was a big nerd for drooling over the 2025 plan when I found it, but then I thought "I bet the Urban Planet people are all over this too!"

Let's see, I've used these forums to read about all the new residential/mix developments, and I've used it to find the best mexican restaurants in town (rosalinda's and corona's), and I've used it to find information on 385 construction and the woodruff road study, local farms, parks, it's just been great, so thanks!

Nice to have you post and I hope you will contribute your thoughts! How's your experience at the USC Upstate facility been? It seems like that arrangement there has done really well. Did you move from Texas to attend there, or did that come later?

...and thanks for putting me further down on the New Members list :) Just kidding :rolleyes:

• 7 years later...

Hey everyone,

I used to frequent UP several years ago (2005-ish), fell off the radar, then happily discovered today that this forum was still going. 

Name: Emory

Born: Spartanburg, SC

City of residence: Greenville, SC

High School: Spartanburg High (2002)

College: Anderson College/University (2006) – they switched names while I was there

Hobbies: Art, good food and coffee, new business ideas, visiting the mountains and the coast

16 hours ago, BurgerVille said:

Hey everyone,

I used to frequent UP several years ago (2005-ish), fell off the radar, then happily discovered today that this forum was still going. 

Name: Emory

Born: Spartanburg, SC

City of residence: Greenville, SC

High School: Spartanburg High (2002)

College: Anderson College/University (2006) – they switched names while I was there

Hobbies: Art, good food and coffee, new business ideas, visiting the mountains and the coast

Great to have you back !!