Deep Throat Unmasked!

ironchapman

In case you haven't heard, Deep Throat's, the man who gave Washington Post reporter Bob Woodward tips on the Waterhgate Scandal, identity was revealed today. He was W. Mark Felt, the #2 official at the FBI during Nixon's administration. He is still living, at the age of 91.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mark Felt is an American hero.

Nixon was going to win in 1972 anyway, but he was so paranoid that he might lose that he allowed his men to break into the Democratic headquarters and then tried to cover it up until it was painfully obvious that the truth was going to come out. If not Felt, someone in the FBI would have told on him eventually.

Mr. Felt did what he supposed to do as a trusted member of the FBI and I applaud him for it. His actions helped to usher in a new era of accountability for the office of President and for government overall.

Just for grins: in the international newspapers that I read, I've noticed that many other languages use the literal translation of "Deep Throat" in their reporting. In Spanish and Portuguese, it's "Garganta Profunda", and in French it's "Gorge Profonde"...

Among others... :)

Archived